When it takes so very long....

Options
I started here the very last of February...beginning of March. I am 32 pounds down. I have done this before, twice to be exact. The first time I lost 125 pounds in a year. The second time I lost 100 pounds in a year. This time doesn't look that promising and I have made a promise to myself that I WILL NOT gain this back again. Never again!

I will be 38 my birthday. I fight PCOS. I am a woman. All these factors add up to making me think that my weight loss is slower than it once was, but I am losing.

Motivation or reassurance that I am getting there would be so helpful. I know I am making a healthier me...I just wish it was like the firs time. .

Replies

• patb987
    patb987 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yea metabolism slows when we get older of course but losing 30lbs is awesome! Just keep up the good work and change up your exercise, speeds, workout types and I am sure you will be there! Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You ARE getting there, even if - yes - it's only one measly pound at a time.

EVERY pound (every HALF pound!) counts, and don't forget to take into account all those NSV's: more energy to play with your kids/dog/friends, an easier time climbing stairs, one less chin, and less arm jiggle staring back at you in the side-view car mirror.

I'm 41 now, and I've been yo-yoing for twenty years, since college. You're right - it was much, much easier to lose in my twenties, and keep it off for years at a time. Then after the babies, in my early thirties, it was still easier to take it off than it has been for the past five years. And I absolutely gain it back faster each time.

I am with you 100% - even if it doesn't feel like it right this minute, you have a wonderful attitude. You are here and you are fighting for it! Keep it up because every day that you make healthy choices is a day in the right direction! We are strong, we want to be healthy and happy, and we can do this!!! Don't' give up! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    I fight PCOS. I am a woman. All these factors add up to making me think that my weight loss is slower than it once was, but I am losing.

Motivation or reassurance that I am getting there would be so helpful. I know I am making a healthier me...I just wish it was like the firs time. .

ditto to the above! ^^ SOMETIMES, i think those of us with PCOS, it takes twice as long and we have to work twice as hard as it does others to lose the same amount! it's VERY discouraging, but, it is still losing! we just have to also have twice the motivation and determination to do it. WE CAN DO IT!!!!

it's been one month for me exactly today, and i've 'only' lost 5 lbs! most lose that in their first WEEK! i've only JUST started having NSV's. but i already FEEL better! but it's 5lbs gone that i couldn't get to move before! we must be doing SOMETHING right! we just have to keep doing it!!