Is it ok to not exercise as much

TwiFan5
TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Is it ok to not exercise as much when your not feeling 100%, I have been really tired and felt like crap on and off for the last few weeks so I have not pushed myself quite as hard. :(

Replies

• soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Been there. Yes it is okay. I need to take a day or two off every week to heal. Last week, on Wednesday I just couldn't move. I felt guilty but if I didn't take that day off I would not have had a great week. I was revitalized.
  • bushman124
    bushman124 Posts: 85 Member
    My personal opinion is that it is ok to give your body a rest once in awhile. Listen to your body. Maybe take a 30 minute walk each day as that can help that tired feeling. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey. :smile:
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Yeah I agree with the other posts, You can tell the difference when your body is telling you No, and when your mind just says; hey I would rather play on FB!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    When I fist get sick I give myself a couple of days just to rest. Once the worst of it is over I will start to exercise, in small amounts.
    Excercise helps the body fight off what ever you have.

Increase heart rate= increase blood flow= increase in movement of WBC(bacteria/virus fighters)=increase in #of WBCs to fight=faster recovery. (I work in a hospital lab, so I know.)

I use a heart rate monitor and follow this pattern
    my resting heart rate in 60
    first day back heart rate >90 for 5 min
    2nd day heart rate >100 for 5 min
    3rd day heart rate >100 for 5 min
    4th day heart rate >100 for 10 min
    5th day heart rate>100 for 15 min
    By now you should feel up to your normal workout.

Good luck, hope you feel better
  • TwiFan5
    I know but I normally can keep going if I don't feel well but every now and again I feel really dizzy so all I want to do is curl up with a book.
  • robynrae_1
    Have you been drinking enough fluids? And are you running a fever?
  • TwiFan5
    Yeah I drink plenty of water and no I am not running a fever.
  • TwiFan5
    Yeah I drink plenty of water and no I am not running a fever.
  • shawnnshinta
    shawnnshinta Posts: 37 Member
    I think on the day's you don't feel like exercising, you should put more effort into your food consumption...eat less!

but don't wait too long to start again.
  • TwiFan5
    I did walk to and from Tafe so that was 40 mins.
  • robynrae_1
    I think if the dizzyness dosen't go away in a couple of days go see a dr., even if that is your only symptom. I know when I get sick I can feel doppy, I don't know if I have been dizzy. But than again every body reacts different when sick.
  • TwiFan5
    I only ever feel dizzy every now again over the past couple of months, it has happened 3 times in the past couple of weeks, the feeling crap in the stomach happens more often but I just ignore the pain unless it hits me hard like today.
  • robynrae_1
    Are you sure your not prego??? Otherwise sounds like a trip to the doctor to me. Being sick shouldn't last months, you body has an amazing ablity to heal its self in a short peroid of time.
  • TwiFan5
    I shouldn't be because I am on the Pill but I have heard that the pill might not always be effective and it is weird that I tend to feel sick after I eat anything. I am going to the doctors next month at some stage to get another prescription for the pill and so they can see how I am going and take my blood pressure and weight.
  • robynrae_1
    I would get a preg test just to be sure. I have had a women come to the hospital ER in labor and she didn't even know she was prego. ( I didn't think this happened in real life, she wasn't even over weight.) She had normal "cycles" the whole time she was preg.
  • TwiFan5
    Oh ok then, are you serious, crap I would just about die if that happened to me, so it's possible to be pregnant whilst taking the pill?
  • robynrae_1
    Sorry but the answer is yes, it is possible. I think if taken properly (not missing any and taking at the same time of day) it is something like 98% effective in preventing pregnency. (not exact on the number I just know its not 100%)

it may be something completely different but you should rule it out as a possible reason.

I really didn't mean to freak you out, I am sorry.
  • TwiFan5
    Oh ok then, ok then.

Yeah your right, I will just wait and see how I go.

No its ok lol, it's ok.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Yes, rest. I had a cold (well, I say cold, but I get croup every time I get a cold and it's painful) in October and never stopped working out because of an MFP challenge I was doing and it took me a really long time to get better. Have some orange juice, and a cup of tea. Tea makes so many things better. :)
  • TwiFan5
    I am trying to rest but its hard when all I want to do is move around and exercise, Oh ok then well luckily I am not in a challenge and I think that I will have a cup of tea tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.