MFP Runner's Club - May

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
A thousand apologies & kisses to pmkelly for coming up with the runner's club, but I'm too excited & want to start it now! :bigsmile:

So as a self-proclaimed dork I've realized my mp3 music is less then motivating when it comes to running. :sick:

Love my Sinatra, but "Fly Me to the Moon" isn't gonna run my butt past the local nursing home! :laugh:

Downloading hubby's "Whitesnake" album now...:tongue:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    A thousand apologies & kisses to pmkelly for coming up with the runner's club, but I'm too excited & want to start it now! :bigsmile:

So as a self-proclaimed dork I've realized my mp3 music is less then motivating when it comes to running. :sick:

Love my Sinatra, but "Fly Me to the Moon" isn't gonna run my butt past the local nursing home! :laugh:

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    And I've made up my mind, I ain't wastin' no more time. Here I go again ...

Today my running task is to improve my endurance on the treadmill. I can go at least 4 miles almost any time if I'm outside. But on the treadmill I often stop sooner than that. I think it's more mental than physical. After all, I run FASTER as well as FARTHER outside. Maybe I need to crank it up a notch?

Wish me luck at sustaining 6.8 mph for 36 minutes!
    YP
  • Shannon023
    Options
    And I've made up my mind, I ain't wastin' no more time. Here I go again ...

Today my running task is to improve my endurance on the treadmill. I can go at least 4 miles almost any time if I'm outside. But on the treadmill I often stop sooner than that. I think it's more mental than physical. After all, I run FASTER as well as FARTHER outside. Maybe I need to crank it up a notch?

Wish me luck at sustaining 6.8 mph for 36 minutes!
    YP

6.8 mph???? {{thud...smelling salts....}}

You kick @$$, FloJo!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I made it a quarter of the way around the track:laugh: Guess I'm just a Tennessee Walker (from texas)
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

No apologies needed!! :heart: :heart: I totally understand your excitment!! I couldn't wait to get home to post!! :bigsmile:

I went to the gym and had to get home and eat and put kids to bed so kudos to you for getting us started!!!

My favorite instructor was doing spin class tonight, so I didn't run, I stayed and took her class. So I did 1 hour Body Pump and 1 hour spin tonight!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I made it a quarter of the way around the track:laugh: Guess I'm just a Tennessee Walker (from texas)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A quarter is a great start! To be in the club, you just need to make a commitment to your running!! Its Quality not Quantity!! :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    [ Its Quality not Quantity!! :heart:

And a big, PRAISE THE LORD to that. :laugh:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    6 miles today hills and straightaways. I have new shoes I've only ran in about 4-5 times. About mile 4 my foot went numb. The entire foot!!!! I never stop. Today I stopped, flexed my foot to "wake" it up and continued it started again about mile 5, kept going. SOOOOO.........
    I took my shoes to the running store so they could watch me run in them(maybe it was me doing some dorky stride). They measured my foot and my foot has grown. My brand new 7 1/2 Asics are TOO SMALL:sad: :sad: Apparently I am an 8 now and need an 8 1/2 running shoe:grumble:
    While I'm gald I don't have nerve damage(like I thoght while on my run:laugh: ) I now have to shell out more money for shoes, and we know they ain't cheap:frown: :sad: :grumble:
    The lady at the store said my shoes would be ok for short runs or I could try with the paper thin socks. They are having a 20% off sale on Asics on Sat, I guess I'll just get them then:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
    On the upside, it was warm, sunny and I did see a cute baby bunny today:laugh:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Love the club! What a great idea! Thanks, pmkelly and Shannon!

I've got another treadmill run tomorrow. I'm gonna try to get in about 45 min. at 6 mph and throw in 10-15 at 7 mph. Wish I could go outside, but it's still dark when I get up. Alas, my days outdoors will come soon... I can't wait to get some more use out of my Nike+ipod, which I LOVE! :smooched:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I missed something. What is the runners club????????????????????????:bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Just a thread so us running geeks can learn/encourage/support one another. :wink:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Just a thread so us running geeks can learn/encourage/support one another. :wink:

Thats so cool. Thanks for the info. Haven't started runnin yet. Still tryin to learn to walk. Sloooooooooooooooo process for me.:ohwell: