Question About Tea

Options
Hello! I have a weird question that I'm sure this is a dumb and has been answered before, but I'm too lazy to look up. ;) Would adding tea also add onto my water intake for the day? I thought it /might/ since tea is basically like, 95% water anyway, but I wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask! I've been drinking tea (or starting to) but I haven't been counting it toward my daily water intake at the bottom of my food log page. Thank you!

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Yes - I'm boiling the kettle for a cup of Twinnings Irish Breakfast as I type this. Tea is water, coffee is water, milk is water, beer is water etc.........some just have more calories than others.
  • candyliquor
    Options
    Wonderful! Thank you so much! I will be sure to start adding my tea and coffee to the water section as well. :) It certainly makes drinking water easier! After awhile water tastes too plain for me. ;)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My herbalist would say yes... but I beg to differ.

Tea is a diuretic, and has some other interesting properties, so it makes a different action on your body than drinking water.

That's my opinion, I don't log it as water.

I've seen people on here log everything, soda, crystal light, beer, whatever goes as water because in their eyes it's mostly liquid.

I like to have an accurate count of water intake because of regularity issues.

That's just me.

It's your journal, use it however you please.