help: 105 lbs and I still have fat ?!

Options
2»

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Ok so I should ditch P90X for weights at a gym?

This is an honest question (cause I thought p90x was heavy lifting haha frig): Is it better to use the machines at the gym for weights then and go as heavy as possible?
    I thought it was better to use free weights? I have 10lbs at home and for biceps and triceps, 3 sets of 8-10 reps has me struggling to finish. Same with normal push ups.

I personally think you would benefit from doing p90x since you are kinda new to weight lifting...

How do you become un-new to weight lifting? Gotta start somewhere.

that's why I was saying p90x could be a good start for her. I myself learned a lot from doing it at the beginning.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    At your age if your skin is a little loose it will tighten up over the next few months, so it's not a worry.

Another vote for weight-lifting to address your OP.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

This is an honest question (cause I thought p90x was heavy lifting haha frig): Is it better to use the machines at the gym for weights then and go as heavy as possible?
    I thought it was better to use free weights? I have 10lbs at home and for biceps and triceps, 3 sets of 8-10 reps has me struggling to finish. Same with normal push ups.

I personally think you would benefit from doing p90x since you are kinda new to weight lifting...

that's why I was saying p90x could be a good start for her. I myself learned a lot from doing it at the beginning.

Does px90 have a barbell routine? If not...I'm not sure how that would be applicable to a barbell routine and learning form with a barbell
  • kaylam0
    kaylam0 Posts: 5
    Options

Does px90 have a barbell routine? If not...I'm not sure how that would be applicable to a barbell routine and learning form with a barbell
    P90X doesnt have a barbell routine from what I know.
    But thanks everyone. I'm looking into strong lifts and I like it. I'm going to finish up with p90x because I'm moving in about a month. When I get into my new city I'm going to start going to my university gym and get acquainted with a barbell and bench press ha
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Eat more not less (maintenance at least). You want fat loss, not weight loss.

It doesn't sound like you can handle a 30-45 lb bar (for a compound lift program) so P90X is fine for now IMO. But get some 12's and 15's ... work your way into the 6-8 rep range as you progress through the round.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Going the wrong direction in terms of calories. Probably do you more good to bump your calories up to 2000 and pick up a barbell.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I agree that you should eat at maintenance. Not less. I am 36, I am at your height/weight range, and I eat around 2000 a day. I'm active and I lift weights. Technically, you could eat more than me because you are younger.

My calories are set at 1900, but I go over. I used fat2fit to calculate calories. http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/bmr/
  • kaylam0
    kaylam0 Posts: 5
    Options
    Eat more not less (maintenance at least). You want fat loss, not weight loss.

It doesn't sound like you can handle a 30-45 lb bar (for a compound lift program) so P90X is fine for now IMO. But get some 12's and 15's ... work your way into the 6-8 rep range as you progress through the round.

This is exactly what I'm planning on doing!
    Work my way to 15's in p90x and eat more and eventually lift even heavier at a gym :)