Quest Bars for Weight Loss

Options
Has anyone incorporated these Quest Nutrition Bars into their diets for weight loss? I really like them but they are about 200 calories each. Are you using for Snacks/ Meal Replacement? How many per day? Anyone with real experience with these bars and a sample diet / menu would be AWESOME - Thanks!!! Melissa :heart: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been eating one a day as a mid afternoon snack. I eat about 1400-1500 calories a day. I wanted to increase my protein as I started resistance training. They taste pretty good and are very filling when I drink it with a big glass of water. Also, unlike fiber one bars, they don't affect my gastrointestinal tract as much.

Another plus, they don't have tons of weird ingredients. But I know some people would rather get their protein from meat/fish. I like them though.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    You can add mcdonalds into your diet for weight loss. what you eat doesn't matter.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    They're not for weight loss? I mean that, no food is specifically "for weight loss".

Quest bars are a convenient way to hit your protein macro if you're having issues but are unnecessary if you can get it from other sources like chicken, Greek yogurt, beans, fish, etc. Or you know, they are sort of tasty I suppose. Just don't assume there's some magical weight loss property to them.

Calorie deficit for weight loss. Balance nutrient intake for health.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    They're not magic but it's a lot of protein and fiber in 160 calories, which means a lot of satiety (fullness).
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    They're not for weight loss? I mean that, no food is specifically "for weight loss".

Quest bars are a convenient way to hit your protein macro if you're having issues but are unnecessary if you can get it from other sources like chicken, Greek yogurt, beans, fish, etc. Or you know, they are sort of tasty I suppose. Just don't assume there's some magical weight loss property to them.

Calorie deficit for weight loss. Balance nutrient intake for health.

This. As well. 200 calories isn't really that much when you consider you're getting 20g of protein. However with the fibre content, I wouldn't be eating more than 1-2 a day unless your body's used to that much fibre.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    :sick: quest bars are yucky, but i use another brand of protein bar so to answer your question, i use them as a snack a few hours before i work out. i find that the best way to incorporate them into the day.
  • myjourney16
    myjourney16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat about 3 a week probably. I never use them as a meal replacement, but they are a good way to 'cheat clean'. If I have some extra calories left after my three meals, and I am actually still hungry (rather than eating just because I have calories available to me) then I will splurge with one or something half of one.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I use them for protein for snacks some before and sometimes after a long workout (2 hours) Cheap caolie way to get that much protein in and on the go it is convient.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    :sick: quest bars are yucky, but i use another brand of protein bar so to answer your question, i use them as a snack a few hours before i work out. i find that the best way to incorporate them into the day.

:grumble: They are not. They are some of the best ones on the market. Especially since they have that much fiber and protein. You can usually find ones with lots of protein and some of them taste pretty good, but not with the level of macro nutrients quest does for the low number of calories.

OP, they are an optimal way, if you like the taste of them, to get in your protein and fiber. Also, they have so many different flavors to choose from :smile:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You can add mcdonalds into your diet for weight loss. what you eat doesn't matter.
    This!
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    They have insane macros (5g net carbs, 20g protein, 6g fat) considering how fantastic they taste :love: :love: :love: heck they taste like PUDDINGS! My favourites are White Choc Raspberry, Choc Chip Cookie Dough, Double Choc Chunk and Cookies & Cream. After dealing with binge urges in the past, I incorporated these into my diet and for me they prevent chocolatey sugary just baaaad cravings. 20 secs in the microwave - holy amazeballs.

Edit - I definitely wouldn't use this as a meal replacement, they're only 200 calories and I need a lot more than that for one meal! I can understand why people might though - they're on point at making you feel full and sometimes I'm stuffed after one. I usually have them post workout or as a snack after my breakfast, and no more than one per day (I wish I could AFFORD 2 Quest bars a day?) :laugh:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

:grumble: They are not. They are some of the best ones on the market. Especially since they have that much fiber and protein. You can usually find ones with lots of protein and some of them taste pretty good, but not with the level of macro nutrients quest does for the low number of calories.

OP, they are an optimal way, if you like the taste of them, to get in your protein and fiber. Also, they have so many different flavors to choose from :smile:

That's a matter of opinion and personal taste.

I think most of the Quest bars are nasty as well, but I kinda like the lemon creme pie one. I say this after taste testing every flavor - that's the only one I'll consider eating.

But you're right, the macros ARE good for the number of calories. So if OP likes them, it's a no-brainer.