New to this site

Options
I am really liking using this site so far. It's much more informational than weight watchers. I like tracking calories rather than points, which really don't mean much to me. Also, I'm finding it's important to be able to track my fat and sodium intake since I have high cholesterol and blood pressure.

This time last year, I lost 20 lbs. in 3 months through healthy eating and exercise, and as of today I have gained every single pound back. This has been a lifelong struggle and now that I am in my 40's it's affecting my health. I am determined to keep it off this time!

I have been thinking about giving myself rewards for each significant loss. My other go-to for self-medication besides food is shopping so I was thinking if I could use that to my advantage. Instead of buying myself something whenever I get the urge, I am only going to allow myself to purchase things if I make my weight goal. My 2 lb. goals are things I buy almost weekly or bi-weekly anyway, scratchers, pedicures, kindle books, starbucks, etc. The only difference is I will make those purchases dependent upon my weight loss goals. I figure, I either save money or lose weight so it's a win-win. My bigger "milestones" will be 10 lb. goals. Purchase that are larger than weekly splurges, a new bike, a professional cut and highlight, a day at the spa, etc. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

215/212/142

Replies

• patb987
    patb987 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Whatever motivates you, if that does the trick, then congrats as you have a good reward system (Beside the starbucks coffe lol jk).

Its just like they say the best exercise for you is the one you like to do ;-)

Good luck on your journey!

Pat