Which is better for breakfast?

Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
1. A slimfast drink
2. A protein shake
3. And egg white omlet with spinach on a multigrain light english muffin.

I can't make up my mind!!! :)

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    You know after being in the nutrition business for the past 15 years and having endured a million different types of protein shakes, smoothies, etc., i can tell you the best choice is an egg white omelet with spinach and a multi-grain english muffin. Better balance and keeps you satiated longer.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Go with the real food. The body requires more energy to digest unprocessed food. I'm sure both the drinks are full of 'other things'.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    # 3 by far
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    1. NO - too much sugar and no protein
    2. OK - Great for on the go, protein keeps you fuller longer
    3. BEST - b/c its real food, real protein and will make you feel more satisfied then just a shake.
  • I like the shakes because it convinces my mind that I am full.
  • tldfatty
    tldfatty Posts: 7 Member
    Mixed Fruit - Homemade - Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Strawberry, Honeydew, Blueberry, 1 cup (1/5 cup each)
  • Number 3 is the best :)
    Good luck today!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I would go with number 3 and maybe even add in a piece of fruit.
  • It's always better to get your nutrition from actual food. Honestly, I'd trade the multigrain english muffin for some old fashion oatmeal (not the instant stuff) because I've found it keeps you feeling fuller longer.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Thanks everyone! I had #3! :)
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    It's always better to get your nutrition from actual food. Honestly, I'd trade the multigrain english muffin for some old fashion oatmeal (not the instant stuff) because I've found it keeps you feeling fuller longer.

Agree. But I used the Instant plain oats from Quaker. They have the same nutrients as the oats in bluk. LOVE them in the morning, and no measuring needed, 1 package is equal to 1/3 cup of dry oats. :) throw in 1/2 a small banana and water! :) YUMM
  • Hi, I think so too - definitely 3!

These diet drinks and bars or diet ready meals are in my opinion useless. I mean, if you enjoy them then its fine to have them, but they are not required at all. ...I have seen diet ready meals which where only lower in calories because the weight of food in it was lower...but still the price was higher :-)

It's much better to have something unprocessed, like your option 3.
This discussion has been closed.