Chocolate

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Do people eat choc during dieting? I just had four mini bountys and although it was in my cal limit I still feel like I shud layoff it?

I eat dark chocolate because it supports my iron needs.

Don't forget it's delicious.

I recently discovered chili pepper dark chocolate. .. I'm not quite sure how...but it's freaking delicious

Chili + chocolate is awesome!

But, no. I take it supplementally. I sort of lean back and try not to think how good it tastes. Because it wouldn't be a diet if it tasted good, would it?

Hmmm... true.

I, uh, am eating tiramisu gelato tonight for the...calcium

Look at the ceiling and think of England.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Do people eat choc during dieting? I just had four mini bountys and although it was in my cal limit I still feel like I shud layoff it?

I recently discovered chili pepper dark chocolate. .. I'm not quite sure how...but it's freaking delicious

But, no. I take it supplementally. I sort of lean back and try not to think how good it tastes. Because it wouldn't be a diet if it tasted good, would it?

Hmmm... true.

I'll bring the Oreo's - you know to use as spoons.

Deal! I like the way you think!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

Hmmm... true.

Look at the ceiling and think of England.

I'll yell, " The British are coming. " with every spoonful
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sure, I like my Heath candy bars every now and then. Sometimes I lose it and go for one of those Wendy's mini chocolate frosty's, and when I am real bad, I'll skip a couple of meals during the day to get in my favorite-- a Sonic drive-in small chocolate malt loaded with a whopping 830 calories, but that's only on occasion, haha.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate only. Except for the chocolate ganache cake I just had after lunch! ;)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with white chocolate existing, I think they should just change its name to better reflect what it is. "Sugar-butter" or "sugar crystalized milk-byproduct" something that doesn't imply that what you are about to put in your mouth tastes like, or resembles in any way, chocolate. Could have saved myself some grief.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm not dieting - I'm making a lifestyle change. No way in heck I'm giving up chocolate for the rest of my life (or chinese food, or mcdonalds or cookies or cake or donuts or pie), so I make sure I eat it in moderation and that it fits in my calorie limit. I love ghirardelli dark chocolate chips and a single serving will often cap off a day deliciously.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and coffee are two things that I will NEVER give up.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't go a day without chocolate
    e952f313-6c1b-44c3-8370-52ab9f04c86d_zps1dbb3f33.jpg
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    MMmmm Dove or Cadbury dark chocolate pieces, 7 of em with some almonds...OMG heaven!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Assuming your getting a balanced diet and staying in your calorie limit. Go for it. Weight loss is about calorie deficit. Balancing nutrient intake for health. I routinely eat a bowl of ice cream every night and lost 53 lbs ;P I find not depriving myself and teaching must moderation really helped make it sustainable.

+1. And this. This will help you make sure you're not overdoing the chocolate, or whatever you want, and getting what you need. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and chocolate-everyday!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I eat a square, sometimes two depending on how my calories look, of 72% dark chocolate most every evening. Also, frozen yogurt. It it fits, you must acquit!
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My diet consists of 99% chocolate 1% diet coke. Never been healthier.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i eat chocolate almost every day, everything in moderation
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have days I walk extra far and make sure I make/eat lower calorie meals just to make room for my chocolate. If I had to give it up this bus would never make it with me on board.

Edit: Admittedly... I have be compulsively buying it and then not eating it at the rate I am acquiring it due to my calorie restrictions... some habits are hard to break. Used to eat nearly 2k calories a day JUST in chocolate, not including my "normal" food.
  • kmm0034
    kmm0034 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am not dieting. I am eating. I find when I drop the term dieting I don't feel half so guilty for consuming food - a necessity for life! And I certainly don't feel guilty about allowing myself sweet things. I think I would die without sweets of some sort.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    lyndsy_fonseca_eating_chocolate_ice_cream-191.gif

chocolate revs my motor.
  • _shannon92
    _shannon92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I eat it practically every day!