Replies

• tmsmith8789
    tmsmith8789 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well if its not too late, Ill go Gryffindor
  • Cara8359
    Cara8359 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I would like to be a Gryffindor!
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Please see:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1359621-hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge-is-closed

We are THRILLED to have so many interested parties, and considering means of accommodating more, but at this time we are unable to accept additional students to the Waiting Lists. This challenge has been successful in the past and will likely be again, so you can easily anticipate a Winter Term opening as well. Stay tuned!

ADDENDUM: We are in the process of considering upping the limits per House, but that has not been decided at the time of this post. Please stay tuned for additional information once it becomes available. Those who signed up on the initial Enrollment post up to page 13 (the "CLOSED" notice) have been entered to the Waiting List and will be contacted.

How come there is a limit? Are all the dorm rooms filled?

Is there some kind of fire code violation or something?

Primarily due to the issues surrounding management of a very large group of participants over various challenges. We have increased the number of administrators this term; however, even with the magic of digital documentation and the glory of spreadsheets, running a challenge in which points are tallied for many different types of activities and which hundreds of people are involved in can be a daunting task. Even at Hogwarts, not all rooms can stretch to accommodate as many students as might be interested or qualified in a term.

Unfortunately we do also have lives outside of Hogwarts. :wink:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I am skeptical about this challenge as there is no sorting hat. Too many people requesting the same house.

A sorting hat is in order!

bc3c25f2f706e095fcd309dfcee92fa247dc4d2b073381a1676c331055d4e5ea.jpg
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    If you do end up upping the capacity I would like you to let me in to any dorm available. Also, Hufflepuff is the cutest name ever.
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    I am skeptical about this challenge as there is no sorting hat. Too many people requesting the same house.

If it's any consolation, the Sorting Hat did actually take students' preferences into account when placing them - and many of our students here have requested "any house", regardless. :)
  • SabraJean
    SabraJean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gryffindor please!!! :D
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If there is still room or you expand it I would love to be Gryffindor, thanks!
  • runningmiles26
    runningmiles26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds Fun! Gryffindor or Slytherin please
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Given the popularity of this topic, perhaps Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would also consider entering, in which case I would happily drop my name into the Goblet of Fire. In the meantime though, in case the dorms become magically larger, or the room of requirement appears, I'd like to join the waiting lists for Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

If it's any consolation, the Sorting Hat did actually take students' preferences into account when placing them - and many of our students here have requested "any house", regardless. :)

It is.. Thank you for the clarification! :drinker:
  • courtneyaspeleiter3
    courtneyaspeleiter3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    im in. hufflepuff please
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Please see:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1359621-hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge-is-closed

We are THRILLED to have so many interested parties, and considering means of accommodating more, but at this time we are unable to accept additional students to the Waiting Lists. This challenge has been successful in the past and will likely be again, so you can easily anticipate a Winter Term opening as well. Stay tuned!

ADDENDUM: We are in the process of considering upping the limits per House, but that has not been decided at the time of this post. Please stay tuned for additional information once it becomes available. Those who signed up on the initial Enrollment post up to page 13 (the "CLOSED" notice) have been entered to the Waiting List and will be contacted.

How come there is a limit? Are all the dorm rooms filled?

Is there some kind of fire code violation or something?

Primarily due to the issues surrounding management of a very large group of participants over various challenges. We have increased the number of administrators this term; however, even with the magic of digital documentation and the glory of spreadsheets, running a challenge in which points are tallied for many different types of activities and which hundreds of people are involved in can be a daunting task. Even at Hogwarts, not all rooms can stretch to accommodate as many students as might be interested or qualified in a term.

Unfortunately we do also have lives outside of Hogwarts. :wink:

Give your excel database to new volunteers so they can run this alongside?:
    Given the popularity of this topic, perhaps Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would also consider entering, in which case I would happily drop my name into the Goblet of Fire.
  • vixx1405
    vixx1405 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    NOOOO I missed it if it open up again i want in I dont even mind what house im in #foreveramuggle #IwanagotoHogwarts
    :cry: :cry: :brokenheart: :sad:
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey im julie and as im coming into this a bit late in the thread altho I would love to be gryffindor but I will take whatever house there is any room left

Damn so beyond gutted I missed it
  • Jziller
    Jziller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hufflepuff please!
  • cls1014
    cls1014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In! Hufflepuff please :)
  • kuchurimal
    kuchurimal Posts: 13
    Options
    I want to try this too please...Gryffindor !!!!!
  • nicca_jb
    Options
    Please see the CLOSED post in this forum.