Iraq War Veteran, wants to turn it around.

Options
Hello to all and thanks for your support of thr Troops....

I am a six time war veteran of the United States Army. I have battled with my weight my entire career and I am sick and tired of worrying about it and I have finally found the motivation I need to stay with it, (at least I think I have). Many times my weight has held me back from advances, promotions and special assignments. I have beat myself up time and time again. I love fitness pal and how this whole program works and Iook forward to communicating with as many of you as I can. I got stories to tell, advice to give and am always in search of a good recipe or fitness tip....ok, let's get going....my name is ROB. Thx.

Replies

• JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm ex Navy!! Good job on making a difference. Have you tried the p90x programs? My hubby who is also ex Navy has been doing it for a year. He has gotten some awesome results!! Let me know if you want some info on that =)
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    Yes, my wife is getting me P90X for X-mas....I wanna try that out.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on your weight loss, "Welcome Aboard", and, more importantly Thank You for your service.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rob!
    First of all THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate all you have done by serving this great country!

If your mind is in the game...YOU GOT THIS! There is a ton of support, motivation and info on here along with some great recipes.
    Good luck!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm the wife of an Army Desert Storm Vet! Thank you for all you have done!

MFP is an awesome place to help keep you motivated. Need motivation? Check out the motivation and support forum and look at some of the amazing pictures of those who have won this battle!

I'd love to be friends! Add me!
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    First off. . . thank you for your service and your sacrifice!
    Welcome to the MFP family!!! Great place for motivation, recipes, tips and support!!
  • JulesAlloggio
    Options

AWESOME!! is she going to try it with you?? I did one round of the p90x and then just recently switched to Turbo Fire
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    MFP is awesome, and we're here to support ya!

thank you so much for you service!!
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    Good Luck on your weight loss, "Welcome Aboard", and, more importantly Thank You for your service.
    Thanks for the welcome aboard sir.
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    Welcome Rob!
    First of all THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate all you have done by serving this great country!

If your mind is in the game...YOU GOT THIS! There is a ton of support, motivation and info on here along with some great recipes.
    Good luck!
    I am happy to serve and thanks. I DO GOT THIS so I look forward to a future of eeling great and living healthy.
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    Welcome! I'm the wife of an Army Desert Storm Vet! Thank you for all you have done!

MFP is an awesome place to help keep you motivated. Need motivation? Check out the motivation and support forum and look at some of the amazing pictures of those who have won this battle!

I'd love to be friends! Add me!
    Hi Lori....added you and thanks.
  • veteranrob1973
    Options

AWESOME!! is she going to try it with you?? I did one round of the p90x and then just recently switched to Turbo Fire
    My wife is pregnant with twins but I think she is going to get on board after the babies are born. Looking forward to that GOOD BURN...added you as a friend.
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    MFP is awesome, and we're here to support ya!

thank you so much for you service!!
    Thanks Tammy, I am happy and proud to serve.
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    First off. . . thank you for your service and your sacrifice!
    Welcome to the MFP family!!! Great place for motivation, recipes, tips and support!!
    Thanks for the support...MFP looks like a great place and I am glad to be here.
  • JulesAlloggio
    Options

My wife is pregnant with twins but I think she is going to get on board after the babies are born. Looking forward to that GOOD BURN...added you as a friend.

You will DEF get a good Burn with that program!! It is awesome!! I mean as long as you stick with it everyday, keep pushing play and BRING IT!! you will have awesome results!!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for your service! As a USN wife x20 yrs, I :heart: our military guys & gals. They give so much! Welcome aboard, have a great journey here!!:happy:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rob and thanks for your service, I am sure you have been taught about fitness in the service and this site will give you the tools to get the nutrition down pat. Twins, what fun.
  • shellm3
    Options
    I am ex army as well and first I wouldlike to Thank you for your service. I understand the struggle as I was right there with you. You are doing great! Stay motivated! :)
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    THANK YOU for your service! As a USN wife x20 yrs, I :heart: our military guys & gals. They give so much! Welcome aboard, have a great journey here!!:happy:
    I am feelin the love already....lol
  • veteranrob1973
    Options
    Welcome Rob and thanks for your service, I am sure you have been taught about fitness in the service and this site will give you the tools to get the nutrition down pat. Twins, what fun.
    Thanks...this will be the push I need to get it off and maintain.