Plenty of exercise = hunger = no weight loss

Options
As the topic title says, I have been going to the gym and aqua fit, but I am finding that I get so tired and hungry that my weight has gone up a few lb, no loss so far, after nearly 4 weeks of going!

Any tips as it is really getting me down. I have around 150+ lb to lose to get to a healthy weight.

:sad:

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Your diary shows you staying way below your calorie goal most days (and below 1200 calories at that). Eating at too steep a deficit can cause low energy levels and hunger like this. It might be worth looking into.
  • ShalaraQ
    ShalaraQ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You do also eat quite a bit of calorie dense, but not filling foods. Nothing says you have to give up butter and lemon curd and bread and such, but if you also include foods with more bulk. more fiber and less calories, that will help keep you fuller longer -- things like legumes, whole grain breads, fruits and vegetables (berries especially have a ton of fiber for their calorie count).

As a person with 150+ pounds to lose, who has started and failed many times in the last 25 years (but not this time! Absolutely I am ready!) I often find that while I might lose a lot of weight in the first couple of weeks (water weight I assume), I always have a 2-3 week period where I lose little to nothing. It's almost like my body says "What the hell! Where's all my food! I'm starving here!" and it holds on to every ounce of fat until it figures out that it is getting regular fuel and I start to lose again. They key for me is to just keep doing what I know will work and not get discouraged until I get over that hump.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It appears that you are not consistently logging all your food. Also, it looks like you may not be weighing and measuring accurately, since all the numbers are even (100 grams, etc.) so this may be the reason you are not losing. Your diet appears quite low in protein. I suggest you start upping your protein intake and start tracking it to make sure you get enough. Protein will help keep you full. Protein intake is particularly important when you exercise. And exercise does make you hungry! In addition, fresh vegetables are good for you, most are low in calories and high in fiber, so you can eat a lot without going over your calorie allowance.

Good luck!
  • melharper1976
    melharper1976 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I dont always complete my diary, most days i am close to or over my allowance
  • melharper1976
    melharper1976 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have read about the protein thing, and I think I need to drink more too.

The numbers are round figures as I mostly weigh out what I eat .

Gotta be more strict really. I try to have a couple of scrambled eggs when I get back from exercising, I am not usually hungry straight away after, but in a few hours time.