Question about net calories

I just wanted to know where it states your net calories.. ( Goal calories : Food - Exercise Calories = Net ) What should you be aiming for for that overall net? My goal calories is set at 1200 daily. Should the net be 1200? Or should it be lower for a deficit to lose weight?

Thanks!

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Your goal already has a deficit built in, so you should be netting your calorie goal. Eating at a larger deficit can cause issues from accelerated muscle to nutrition deficiency when your goal is already that low.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    You should never drop below 1200 unless a medical doctor recommends it. It is too few calories for you to consume daily. Personally, I prefer to eat at about 1400. I don't eat back my exercise calories, but that's my preference. Just be sure you're burning more than you're eating, and you're eating enough to where you're not starving yourself!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Your net should be what your calorie goal is. For example, let's say your goal is 1200, but you run off 300 calories, so now you're only netting 900, so you should eat another 300 (the ones you burned off) to get your net to 1200. The 1200 net already has a deficit built in which would allow you to lose weight even if you didn't exercise.
  • Thank you! I wasn't sure what my net should be to still allow me to lose. As long as I net 1200 after food consumed and calories burned through exercise I should still lose! :D Ty again