Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

constricted windpipe during and after cardio

dawnr2
dawnr2 Posts: 29 Member
Hi folks. I've been exercising regularly since April this year and now do around 8-10 classes a week including spin, metafit, yoga,body pump and piloxing. My fitness levels are now better than at any time in my life (I'm 41) but in the last 3 weeks or so I find that my windpipe feels constricted during and after spin class. My class was at 7am and now 16 hours later a still have the feeling in my throat that came on during the class. I've had asthma since I was a child and it feels completely different from an asthma attack. I have no wheezing and the feelings not in my chest, it feels like I've tried to swallow an egg. I was tested a year or so ago o for sleep apnea due to heavy snoring and tiredness but result came back negative and my husband hasn't complained about my snoring for a while. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this issue?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Please see a doctor.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Agreed that you should check with a doctor. It could be many things. Any changes to your diet that might be causing an allergic reaction? It could be something in the air at the spin class causing a reaction. I have asthma and I don't always get the reaction in my chest. Sometimes, it's in the throat like an allergy reaction to cats (for example).