Sweating for the Wedding!

Options
Hello All!

Just back from a hiatus, where I took about four months off...I got incredibly sick, and it was hard to bounce back--I've gained ten pounds of my 40 pound loss back!

Anyway, I'm newly engaged, and I'm getting back in shape! I would like to lose a minimum of 25 pounds before my wedding Fall of 2015.

Looking for support from other Brides to be -- or anyone really! Support would be wonderful!

Thanks!

Replies

• bjheisinger
    Options
    Hello!

I'll be getting married in December 2015. It would be my honor to be a part of an online support group for you. Goodness knows I will need all of the support I can get as well. My weight loss goal is quite similar to yours, too.

Thanks!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congratulations! I'd be happy to buddy up. Having people around for acceptability was so helpful for me to lose 64 lbs and stick with it for over 1.5 years.

Allan
  • Janautical
    Janautical Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next summer. I'm losing weight for myself, not for the wedding, but I think it's a bonus :) Feel free to add me.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congratulations! I'd be happy to buddy up. Having people around for acceptability was so helpful for me to lose 64 lbs and stick with it for over 1.5 years.

Allan
  • msncush
    msncush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have my wedding dress hanging up where I see it each day.
    The date is when the dress fits.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Getting Married in August 2015, need to lose about 15 more lbs =)
  • a2902c
    a2902c Posts: 96
    Options
    Getting married 09/20/14! My first dress fitting is tomorrow - so nervous! Feel free to add :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the soon to be brides! I just wanted to that 'losing for the wedding' is a fun goal, and you will likely reach it (because it's a great motivator). Just make sure you switch your goal after the wedding to 'losing or maintaining for my health'. :drinker:
  • danihardman89
    danihardman89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm getting married April of 2015, and I've got roughly 100lbs until I hit my goal weight, not aiming to lose it all before the wedding, but I'd love to get close. :D
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Don't lose weight for the wedding, lose it for a healthy, happier you, for you future kids and grandkids. You are starting the rest of your life today so make it a healthy one.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in 23 days. Super excited. Losing for the wedding has been a great motivator!
  • danid514
    danid514 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am getting married on September 6th! It is such an exciting event and a great motivation for working hard towards your weight loss goal!
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Don't lose weight for the wedding, lose it for a healthy, happier you, for you future kids and grandkids. You are starting the rest of your life today so make it a healthy one.
    While I applaud the reasoning behind this, setting out goals that are achievable and targeted does help to motivate people. So setting a goal of 25 lbs in 1 year, is a fairly good safe goal for most people, that is 2 lbs a month or .5 lbs a week on average. As long as your goal isn't to fit in the dress then go crazy the day after but to essentially set your next personal target then great. I had a goal, lose 60lb before my vacation last year, then lose 100lbs before Christmas, then lose 120lbs before my reunion this year. All of these placed specific safe reachable targets in front of me, it acted as motivation without saying okay after the reunion I can gain back all the weight. So as long as you don't become like the people who lose 20lbs to look good in their swimsuit then spend the next 6 months letting themselves go only to try to do the same thing next year but be 10lbs heavier after losing the 20lbs then good.
  • Alicia1086
    Options
    I just got married in May and still want to finish my weight loss goals! I'd be happy to join you in your journey! :) Good luck with all the wedding plans!!
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just got married June 14th, but I was definitely "Sweating for the Wedding" since January 1st, 2014! Anyway I would love to support you, feel free to add me, as I want to continue my plans to lose weight and get healthier, not just for my wedding but here on out!

Congrats on your engagement and HAPPY SWEATING! :)
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    danid514--we are wedding buddies! That is my wedding day too :)

The wedding has been a huge motivation and the icing on the cake is that the wedding has become motivation for my fiance to lose some weight too. I have to say the wedding is motivation enough, but having my fiance working on it right next to me has made it much better (and helps us alleviate some wedding stress without killing each other). Along with that the wedding is not our only motivation, our honeymoon is too, and we both feel we have gotten some momentum to get back into shape to continue after the I Do's are said!

Congratulations to all the brides!
  • kashcopyright
    kashcopyright Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    September 2015 bride-to-be here!
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next November, and what really prompted me to start this new healthy lifestyle was the idea of wedding dress shopping. Ugh. So I want to be around 160 then, I'm at 210.8 now. Good luck everyone, and feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm recently engaged as well! Congrats to you! I am hoping to be setting a date soon for August 2015 :)

Anybody feel free to add me for support, wedding or healthiness :)
  • jaxtheassassin
    jaxtheassassin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am getting married on September 6th! It is such an exciting event and a great motivation for working hard towards your weight loss goal!

September 6th is my birthday! Great choice ;)