Who is looking to lose 1 lb?

Options
ABabilonia
ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
Hi everyone, my name is Enrique, and I've been with MFP on and off for over a her, but this time I am starting to take things seriously. I currently weight 213 lbs, and I am looking to weight around 160 lbs, so I have around 50 lbs to go. I don't want to set my goals so high, so I instead of losing 50 lbs I'm trying to lose 1 lb 50 times. That maybe a little more attainable. So far (In these seven days using MFP) I've lost one lb five times, and that's a huge motivation. Probably I need to add that I was diagnosed with GERD, so I am forced to use a new diet. Anyway, good luck to everyone...

Replies

• chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Enrique, I think you have a great plan!

It's all about setting attainable goals, and I think it is brilliant!!

Good luck, the GERD and diet change is probably not a huge hurdle in the long run, put it in perspective (like the 1 pound at a time).

Gerry

PS, I friended you.:bigsmile:
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    You can vary more than 1 lb over the course of a day. While I suspect you're being facetious, I'll treat it as an honest question. But, why not go with 10 lbs? :ohwell:
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the addition chench53, and you are right, the GERD diet is not that bad, and I only miss Chinese food sometimes, good luck to you :-)

Poohbah4 setting my goal to 1 lb is just to motivate myself. I can obviously set my goal to 10 lbs, which may take me one to two months to lose, but if after that period I realize that I've only lost 5 lbs, that could bum me out (me personally)
  • jsherrill0613
    jsherrill0613 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! I would love to lose 50 lbs as well but that number is a great long term goal, not so much a great short term goal. If I can lose at least 1 lbs a week I would be happy! Good luck on the next 5 1lb!
  • ejohnson_ar
    ejohnson_ar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Any way that keeps you motivated is great! I started at 230 and I'm 171 now. One pound at a time. :) On my rough days I will think of this post, so thanks!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    That is a genius idea. I say do whatever works for you as long as you going about it the right thing. I like your idea. Good job on losing 1lbs 5 times this week. Keep up the great work. I am not sure what Gerd is but I hope that it goes well for you.