Help BMR

Options
Between February and June I lost 30 pounds by tracking calories and eating around 1800 a day. Since June I've been in "vacation" mode and have not been tracking as closely (started at 305 now 275). I've maintained my loss but have not lost any more. I decided this week to add exercise and get back to better tracking to star losing again. I joined a gym and had a health profile done today that was part of joining. I was weighed on a scale that measures body composition and also gave me a number that is my BMR based upon the analysis. Based on the printout my BMR is 1650 calories. How accurate is this? If I don't eat below my BMR will I still lose weight? My fitness pal figures my BMR as closer to 2200 calories so has me eating around 1650 for 1.5 pounds per week. Any help figuring out a range to work in is appreciated. I plan to exercise 1 hour per day with a mix of weights and aerobic activities 5 days per week. I am not super active otherwise during the day but certainly not totally sedentary.

Replies

• dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Why not just go with what worked before? All these gadgets only give you an estimate, and losing 30 lbs between Feb and June demonstrates you can do it. Call me cynical but it sounds like the gym was selling you an answer, when you already have one.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Why not just go with what worked before? All these gadgets only give you an estimate, and losing 30 lbs between Feb and June demonstrates you can do it. Call me cynical but it sounds like the gym was selling you an answer, when you already have one.
    ^This.

You stopped losing because you stopped logging everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.

Read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Keep doing what you are doing. Weight loss is a process.