Should I Be Concerned?

Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
When I first started on here, ten days ago, I was 180lbs. Upon stepping on the scale this morning. I discovered I was 5 pounds lighter. 175! Normally I would be shakin my booty around in absured amounts of happiness, but not today. I was kind of..alarmed. You see my TOM is supposed to start tomorrow. And when that happens I usually GAIN 5 pounds a few days before. The thing is, I feel bloated, but the scale is telling my otherwise. I am working out and eating right, so I do expect to lose. But this much, this especially when that time is near. Hmmm. I don't know. I guess I'm just confused on what's going on with my body.

Replies

• drink plenty of water.... continue to work out.... and dont give in to the sugar and salt temptations......
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    The first week or so you always lose a lot. It's mostly water weight though, I wouldn't be alarmed at all. Maybe your body is also adjusting to your period better since you started working out and eating better.
  • BBCoach_Chiiva
    BBCoach_Chiiva Posts: 23 Member
    You'll be okay.. it happens!! the scale sometimes is your worst ENEMY!
    sometime you might be losing weight but scale says the opposite!

its better to measure your self! :)
  • I'm certainly not an expert but my first week the scale reflected a 7 lb. loss. The following week was a 2 lb. loss. I've had a week or two with a gain also- over time I noticed that it has balanced out to about a 1.5- 2 lb. loss a week. I'd guess that you probably lost a bunch of water weight initially and as long as you aren't starving yourself and eating the calories your body needs you shouldn't be worried! Shake your booty with victory! LOL
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    You shouldn't be concerned. Like others said weight tends to fluctuate and it is natural to lose a good bit the first time. Keep drinking and eating right and everything will work out. CONGRATS on the loss!
This discussion has been closed.