Does anyone have any good chicken recipes???

Options
Chelseapretorius
Chelseapretorius Posts: 24 Member
I have a lot of chicken breasts and want someone great for dinner. Any suggestions??

Replies

• Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My favorite is grilled basil chicken. For the mix I usually dump some olive oil, garlic salt, oregano, tarragon, rosemary, and basil. I coat each side when I turn the chicken.
  • Chelseapretorius
    Options
    Yum, I am going to try that tonight! It would be really good in a salad!
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love Chicken because it's versatile! I can think of so many things to do with it!

Stirfry it with some vegetables;
    make fajitas;
    a quick chicken curry (basically fry off the chicken, add curry paste and tinned tomatos and some vegetables, serve with rice);
    as a student I lived off a cheats 'risotto' recipe (brown the chicken in a deep frying pan or in the bottom of your saucepan with any desired spices, add some veg, add one cup of rinsed rice and two cups of water and simmer until all the water is absorbed - serve two).

You could just fry or grill it and serve it on salad - for good quality chicken you really can keep it simple! (you could even do a simple marinade with a sprinkle of spices - again whichever spices you prefer!)
  • Chelseapretorius
    Options
    Yum thank you for that!!
  • my_2_cents
    my_2_cents Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love chicken stir fry...10 ml of extra virgin olive oil, 7.5ml of reduced sodium soya sauce, 3-4 cups of frozen veggies and 250-400 gr of sliced chicken breast depending on how many calories I want. I also add dehydrated onion flakes, garlic powder, and sometimes my mood is that if I add enough cayenne pepper I won't be able to tell its not pizza lol.

I've also started making simple chicken wraps, tortilla, sliced chicken breast, mustard and a bit of shredded cheese. Its simple, fast and can be eaten hot or cold, although I prefer hot.