HELLO HELLO HELLO

new member here, doing a "biggest loser" competition with the whole family so i need all the help i can get. need to get rid of the beer belly that developed after college. any pointers would be helpful...

Replies

• new member here, doing a "biggest loser" competition with the whole family so i need all the help i can get. need to get rid of the beer belly that developed after college. any pointers would be helpful...
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Welcome! You are getting a great start here. Keep your log of activity and food and you'll be on the right track!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    And don’t forget to drink all your water every day.
  • Hang in there it only get easier! You need to have a net calorie goal and consume as many caloies as close to that goal as possible! Drink lots and lots of water! One thing I have for breakfest that holds me for a while and has little calories is Dannon Litgh and Fit Vanilla Yogurt with a 1/2 cup of granola in it! Yummy!!! Hang in there we are here for you!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Welcome! Good Luck and keep us posted on your results!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Good luck to you! Once you get accustomed to your daily calorie intake, it will be 2nd nature to you. This is a great website with very supportive people. :-)
  • rraitt
    rraitt Posts: 23
    Hi everyone
    I started my low cal diet about 2 weeks ago I weighed 230 lbs then. Today i weighed in at 221lbs YEAH!!!!! THIS IS REALY WORKING!!! thanks for the support and comments, this is a great site. To my sister raelene.............. tect me I wanna walk along the river today....:}
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh stop drinking beer. Just kidding! I to had a beer belly operative word had. Like all things now i have learned that less is more. Now instead of my normal 3 to 4 schooners 3-4 times a week it's maybe 6 bottles one day a week. I still go see my buddies at the local wateing hole I just don't drink. It wasn't easy but my buddies have been pretty supportive. I think the jokes stopped after 2 weeks. I wish you luck. It's so nice not to have my beer shelf anymore.
  • Eat LOW carb ABD low cal... you will drop alot more weight alot quicker. Also drink tons of water...atleast a gallon a day. Dont step on a scale every day either. And I think you should become buddies with Dane, he seems like someone who could be a great support for you!! He is definately a WINNER in this blog zone!!! You will be a winner too... just dont give up!!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    eat lean, check out some good meal plans to keep your calories at the desired level. get a good workout program started: weights and cardio. good luck. the biggest loser in your family what is the prize?