Vacation binging, and recovery (my encouraging results!)

Options
2»

Replies

• tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I came home eight pounds heavier and lost it in about eight days. Not as quickly as many others, but it still came off.
  • redsk
    redsk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I live overseas as well and have had success losing weight. I am worried what happens if I return to the States. It just seems like there is more crap food in the States, delicious horrible food!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am "that guy" on vacation. I cannot seem to switch it off in my head. I have a fear that if I let myself indulge, I will lose all my motivation and go back to where I was. scary. I hate that feeling by the end of vacation, bloated, unhealthy and hungrier than ever. But, I appreciate this post. All of these success stories stick in my head and hopefully I can relax and enjoy a guilt-free vacation coming up!
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP, great post. We're leaving for 7 days all-inclusive in a little over a month and my wife and I have both been stressing about it. I still don't want to gain 10 pounds, but I will definitely worry a lot less and enjoy a lot more now and just plan to jump back into my routine once I get back! Thanks again!
  • fitpal661
    fitpal661 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I fret when I eat too much unhealthy snacks and desserts. A few times this month I spiked over 2000 calories eating. I'm 5'2". I will have days of eating chocolates and chips, etc. Yet I've been losing weight--25 lbs. so far since June 2014. I just keep working at it and trying to go to the gym or walk or move more generally. Also, I go on vacations and eat out regularly. So I'm thinking I have to relax and just do what I can.