Lost 10 pounds in 12 days, but letting the scale get the bes

Options
So I started exercising and changing how I eat on 11/8/10 and today is my 12th day. I have lost 10 pounds, but 9 of those pounds came from last Monday through Sunday. Only one pound down this week, and I have never went over my calories this week. I hate not seeing results on the scale! They drive me NUTS!!!!! Help? Encouragement?

Replies

• mommyjos
    mommyjos Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WOW! that's a huge loss so quickly! My thought would be your body is just readjusting. To lose that much in such a short amount of time is a shock to the system. You will probably level out and keep losing shortly. You probably won't keep those kinds of numbers up the entire time so just keep making healthy choices. Don't get discouraged!
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    THROW or put away the scale! Does nothing but put frustration,stress,& doubt into your Healthy Lifestyle. I go by clothes & measurements.....people comments and how I feel....can tell the difference. Weigh 15th & 30th for visual progress report but do not let it effect all the hare work accomplised if weight loss is not there! 90% mental,10% actual!:wink:
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    perfectly normal...

sorry to say but those first 10 lbs a good portion can be accounted to water weight loss

your first full week of dedication reaps great results... don't get discouraged

losing about 1 lb a week will be the norm...

you are actually losing now, but the scales wont show it becos your body needs to catch up to the water weight you lost

keep going... i lost over 100lbs - diet and exercise everyday - no special pill or fad diets - this site works only if you will it to :)

good luck
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    that first 10 pounds not to burst your bubble was water hun. You'll always start with loosing a huge number.. water drops first. just stick too it, I'm still getting though the first 15lbs.. I've been dieting for 3 weeks.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    A lot of what you're seeing in the first week will be water weight. I also started tracking my sodium intake, if you are taking in too much sodium you will retain water. Good Luck!!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Most of that initial loss is likely water weight. Most people on here who jump in like that end up losing a ton the first week, maybe two, and then it slows down. That's perfectly normal. Losing anything from 1/2 to no more than 2 pounds a week is what you should expect... I'd recommend weighing yourself only once a week - the same time/day every week. Mornings are best, after you've used the bathroom - you've got the least about of unprocessed food weight in your system.

Don't be discouraged!!
  • jrogersj
    jrogersj Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!! Didn't think about the water weight! I wish the scale wasn't so tempting! My boyfriend tells me the same thing about not weighing everyday! It was a relief when I was at his house last weekend and had no access to a scale! Got on the scale again Monday morning, and I had last 3 pounds! Thank you for the support!