Calories for thanksgiving dinner?

Options
vayax
vayax Posts: 152 Member
It might sound crazy but I'm preparing for my thanksgiving dinner (calorie wise) in advance. I have already calculated how much I can eat of everything to stay within a "normal" calorie range. My whole meal including dessert is around 620 calories. I think I will be fine if I eat the other 600 between breakfast and lunch and do some cardio to compensate for any hidden calorie ;)

Family and friends coming to our house... we'll have the whole thanksgiving thing......turkey, green beans, yams, stuffing, etc...and of course my looong waited pumpkin roll which everyone loves!!!! I only make it for Thanksgiving so I have been waiting for a year! I really don't want to miss anything but don't want to abuse either!

Am I crazy or is it a good plan?? ;)

Replies

• annabanana05
    Options
    That sounds like a good plan to me!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Excellent plan if you ask me!
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Its only one day out of the year..i say splurge all you want... and don't weigh yourself till you "feel better" =)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I think it is always good to plan in advance then you are less likely to go way over your calories. Great plan have a great thanksgiving .
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Great planning...just don't be afraid if you want a little extra pumpkin roll. It's a holiday, enjoy it!
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wish it was only one day a year!!!...December is a very busy month for me and we do lots of dinners and I know if I splurge all I want I will be loosing (gaining really ;) a lot of hard work!

I will eat EVERTHING but in control...... I I won't be afarid of the extra pumpkin roll....that's why I will do extra cardio to save the day!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Great planning....I agree....I plan to workout as well in the morning, so I can feel a little better, because I plan to pig out, no holding back......
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    honestly im not even worring about thanksgiving. i will be runnen my butt off at black friday shopping! LOL but that sounds awesome. i dont eat lunch on thanksgibing a light breakfast good luck
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan - you might look into lower cal but healthy versions of recipes such as mashed potatoes made with greek yogurt and not butter - I found that at cooking light. eatinwell.com also had a sample of a healthier version of tgiving.
  • RyanEli
    RyanEli Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me. I think it's possible to enjoy the holiday without stuffing yourself. Many people seem to equate Thanksgiving with eating as much food as humanly possible! I never did quite understand that. Have small portions of everything you want to try. Try to focus on friends and family rather than just food. Getting through it isn't as scary as it may seem.