Just started :) (NEW)

Options
Hi everyone, I just started this like a few days ago & so far it's good... but i'm soooo impatient to loose this weight. Anyone got any tips to loose the belly fat. I'll try anything one! :) I welcome new friends so add me if you like & we can do this together :)

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    When it comes to weight loss, slow and steady wins the race! If you try to lose weight too fast, you risk losing some lean muscle mass. And you really want to retain your lean muscle mass! The more lean muscle mass you have, the better your metabolism! Which means you burn more calories even when your body is at rest!

General tips to losing weight/fat....
    drink lots of water, eat fiberous foods, fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean protein, avoid or reduce the amount of prepackaged foods that you consume. Everything prepackaged is high in sodium! And try to get your body moving with some exercise!
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    Welcome!! I am VERY impatient too!!! So I understand!! Good luck!
  • mrtrik
    mrtrik Posts: 31
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way to speed things up. Be patient. :)

As for targeting areas for fat loss - again... nothing you can do there. Sorry.

Fat comes off in the opposite of the way it comes on. So when you gained weight, if the belly came first (common), then unfortunately it'll be the last to go.

Good luck. Stick with it. It will work.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You need to learn patience. Some weeks even though you have done everything right you won't lose anything, the next week you might surprise yourself. That is why this is such an emotional journey.
    Get up each day and promise that you will do everything you can that day only to work toward a healthier you. Be kind to yourself and understand that the scale, and your motivation, will go up and down sometimes. That is expected but in the long run you will get to where you want to be . . . but it will take time and patience!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    We all want it off NOW! But, trust me on this! If you can be patient, do it slow and do it right, the weight/fat comes off and it stays off! The key is learning to make healthy lifestyle changes that you can follow forever, not just right now to lose some weight.

If you do a low carb diet for 8 weeks to drop some fast lbs, yes, the weight will come off. But, guess what? It comes back when you start eating carbs again and haven't learned how to incorporate healthy carbs and eat the right portions.

It seems like an eternity waiting for the scale to move. But, 1lb turns to 5lbs and then before you know it, your down 25!

I've learned to eat well and how to eat low calorie meals that really satisfy me. I don't deprive myself of any of my favorite foods or treats. I just don't eat them everyday and try to account for them in my calorie count.
  • jayxmassacre
    Options
    Thank you guys for the help :) I have another question now this is just typically I'm sure it changes from person to person but how often should you change up your work routine? I've been getting different numbers from different ppl. & I'm sure at some point we all get tired of the same thing.. what's your opinion?