aha moment

Options
so ive been a lurker on here now since october i read the posts but never respond, just quietly on my own weight loss journey i started using this site and seeing a personal trainer on oct 1st I've had great success but the last week and a half or so i had stalled out i would lose a pound then gain back a pound and a half which was incredibly frustrating after how quickly it had been coming off before. people have always told me whenever you diet you should always give yourself a cheat day but this seemed completely counterintuitive to me so i ignored them. im allowed 1420 calories a day but i almost never eat more than 1200 and i do not eat back my workout calories but after a week and a half of frustration i decided yesterday to give in and have a cheat day i ate 1800 calories and kept my workout the same burned a little over 400 calories and what do you know my metabolism went through the roof and i was down 2 and a half pounds this morning, maybe everyone around me knows what theyre talking about LOL.

Replies

• brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What a great surprise!! I've heard that shaking your body up every once in awhile really helps!!! Thanks for the tip!! If I get to a place where I'm stalling, I'll remember that breaking the normal pattern just alittle can sometimes work wonders!!

I'm on my 3rd day with MFP, so I've been busy learning and reading my way around the site!!

Have a great weekend! Hope your good trend continues!!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    LOL. I had that ahhh-ha moment about a week and a half ago. I decided to "humor" my Trainer (who said 1300 was too few cal's given what I burn) and all the knowledgeable ppl here and eat back 50% of my exercise cal's and BAM! 4 pounds... Ahhhhhhhhh-ha!!!!!!!
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that works for me on Turkey Day!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!