My recent NSV with weight/PCOS!

Options
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share a NSV I have had this past week & I am super excited!

I was diagnosed with PCOS in mid June, so my doctor has put me on metformin to correct the PCOS and to help me regulate my body's response to insulin and testosterone. It is usually hard to lose weight with PCOS so I was kinda dreading that diagnosis....

Anyways, I will admit that I have not been very good about working out lately -- but I have been losing a crazy amount of weight each day from just doing a semi-low carb diet (about 96g per day) and by taking my metformin. And when I say that I have been losing like crazy I usually only fluctuate between the same 5 pounds or so, so I never would get lower than about 215 and no higher than 220....but I am now 208!

I knew my doctor said I'd probably lose some weight on the metformin and by changing my diet, but I am just super stoked that I have lost 11 pounds in barely a month just by taking the meds and eating better! And I didn't say anything about the weight loss to my boyfriend and he asked me yesterday if I have lost weight cause he can see a difference!

YAY!!!! ....now I just gotta get better about working out and who knows how much faster it will melt off!?! :bigsmile:

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!!!!! :flowerforyou:

(PS) I am always looking for motivational friends so if you would like to please feel free to add me! Thanks!!!

Replies

• creay2012
    creay2012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! :happy:
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am glad that your hard work is paying off :) Cheers! :drinker:
  • maireailbhe
    maireailbhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I have PCOS too and have also had the problem of hovering in the 200s. I hope to break that this time!
  • kittee83
    kittee83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awww well done girl! Have had PCOS since my teens (we're talking nearly 20 years now), so the meds must be working wonders for you. It is very tough to lose weight with PCOS but you can do it! :D Hugs x
  • thelowcarblady
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! Seriously I've been starting at that between 215-220 for MONTHS -- It's such a nice feeling to get below that darn 215!

Watch out 140's here I come :wink:
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congrats! Such great motivation, huh? =p
    *Edited to add that I hope your doctor knows how little you are eating so you are taking the appropriate amount of medicine, etc.
  • thelowcarblady
    Options
    YAY! Congrats! Such great motivation, huh? =p
    *Edited to add that I hope your doctor knows how little you are eating so you are taking the appropriate amount of medicine, etc.

Thanks, yes it is!

And my doctor is the one who suggested the low-carb diet and I guess I could double check with her about the amount, but doing about 96g of carbs a day isn't THAT low carb. Something like Adkins is only like 25g a day, and I do not think I could ever go that low haha.
  • sharriso371
    sharriso371 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    *high five* Also PCOS, also started on metformin (Glumetza, actually) last month. Glad to know it helps!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    "And my doctor is the one who suggested the low-carb diet and I guess I could double check with her about the amount, but doing about 96g of carbs a day isn't THAT low carb. Something like Adkins is only like 25g a day, and I do not think I could ever go that low haha."

I'm sorry. I was looking at your diary and noticing that you weren't even hitting 1200 calories. I did think that could be to inconsistent logging, but just wanted to throw it out there just in case it wasn't. I wasn't even paying attention to the carbs part XD I need to cut back on those myself.

Needless to say, though, grats on breaking through that plateau! One day I might smash mine to bits. =P
  • thelowcarblady
    Options

I'm sorry. I was looking at your diary and noticing that you weren't even hitting 1200 calories. I did think that could be to inconsistent logging, but just wanted to throw it out there just in case it wasn't. I wasn't even paying attention to the carbs part XD I need to cut back on those myself.

Needless to say, though, grats on breaking through that plateau! One day I might smash mine to bits. =P

Oh! yeah....I am not always the best at logging everything but I do keep a tally in my head too so I try not to go over. If I don't have a way to scan something to put in my diary I am kinda lazy about it sometimes haha! ....I should be better about that tho lol

But thank you!!! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!