suggestions for my tea

Options
sloseph
sloseph Posts: 157 Member
for my tea i was planning on having Chicken with mash, carrots parsnips with gravy, as everyone in the UK will agree with me, right now it's too damn hot for a meal of that magnitude

the problem is i have no idea what to have instead, i'd like to use the Chicken so it doesn't go to waste, i've got plenty of herbs and spices, a fair bit of fresh veg (although no peppers or onion) lots of rice, noodles and pasta and i've got about 800 calories left for the day

so my question is does anyone have any suggestions as to what i could do?

edit: i've opened up my diary so you can see what sort of stuff i normally eat

Replies

• FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Warm chicken pasta salad? Mix some cooked pasta up with chopped (raw or cooked, or a combo) veggies, put a bit of seasoning in there, then serve with sliced grilled chicken (if a breast cut).

I've recently started making veggie rice - 80g of about 3 different veggies with a 75g (dry) serving of rice, cooked in chicken stock (made with a 7kcal cube) until the water is completely absorbed.

Chicken part fried (again I'm talking cuts, like thigh or breast) one side down, with some garlic, thyme, onion salt, tarragon and whatnot in 1tspn of oil per cut, then turned up the other way after around 10 minutes to be roasted in the oven for 20 minutes? Nice and simple! The herbs, fresh or dried, and the seasoning should be in the pan rather than on the chicken - just put a little bit of salt/pepper all over the chicken before frying, maybe 1/4 tspn of each.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad sandwiches? Not sure if you eat that in the UK but maybe spiced with a bit of curry. You could present it nicely to make it appropriate for a tea.
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i ended up buying a box of salad and then putting my chicken in that and adding some sweet chili sauce

it wasn't the greatest meal but it did the job

thanks for the suggestions :)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    next time roast the chicken and parsnips with some cumin and olive oil. Let cool. (add in some sweet potatoes and beetroot if you have some to roast as well). Cool then stick in fridge until cold.

Toss them through salad greens, mushrooms, capsicum, fetta cheese. Drizzle with oil olive, cracked black pepper, sea salt and fresh oregano or fresh basil.
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad sandwiches? Not sure if you eat that in the UK but maybe spiced with a bit of curry. You could present it nicely to make it appropriate for a tea.

Tea means dinner in parts of the UK.
    + interesting fact: 'coronation chicken' - chicken curry sandwiches, were invented for the coronation of Liz - 1953. Just looked on wiki to get the date and it turns out a similar thing was made for George V's jubilee in 1935 - long tradition of curry in the UK!