Can't budge past a certain weight.

Options
For almost the past two months I've been stuck! The lowest weight I can get to is 122.6 and then it stops, it's weird cause the lowest I've ever seen on the scale is that exact number. 122.6. My weight does fluctuate going up a bit or down but the lowest is that.
:( I've tried cutting more calories, intermittent fasting, 5:2 what else should I do??

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Unless you are very very short, you might be at your ideal weight. If you don't like the way you look start weight lifting and improve your body composition.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Interval training? Switch up your workouts so your body is shocked again?
  • ms6serenity
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and so I should try and do different stuff with my workouts?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    For almost the past two months I've been stuck! The lowest weight I can get to is 122.6 and then it stops, it's weird cause the lowest I've ever seen on the scale is that exact number. 122.6. My weight does fluctuate going up a bit or down but the lowest is that.
    :( I've tried cutting more calories, intermittent fasting, 5:2 what else should I do??

More patience and consistency? Changing your plan every couple of weeks makes it hard to see if there has been any progress. Try sticking with something for at least 6 weeks before moving onto something different.

What is your calorie goal currently set at?

What is your exercise routine?

Do you weigh, measure and log everything accurately?
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Interval training? Switch up your workouts so your body is shocked again?
    No. There is no "shocking" the body.

It's best to have all the details before giving out random information.

QFT :glasses:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    No. There is no "shocking" the body.

Maybe if you stick your finger in a light socket. :laugh:

OP, I am your height and have been your weight (and would be quite happy to be it again.) Your weight is just fine, I'd agree with the others, you should try strength training and know that at low of weight, even if you can lose, it's going to be very slow.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Gosh, can you be more obtuse? The intention was the same as most of the advice which is to strength train and use weights. Geez. Sorry, I was not more technically correct, and I was only trying to be helpful.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    "Shocking the body" as a means to lose weight or further progression is technically incorrect in the same way as thinking that illness is caused by an imbalance of humors is technically incorrect. That is, it's just incorrect.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    "Shocking the body" as a means to lose weight or further progression is technically incorrect in the same way as thinking that illness is caused by an imbalance of humors is technically incorrect. That is, it's just incorrect.

Personally I like to 'trick' my body. Because, you know, it's not paying attention.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you want to go lower? Perhaps your body is telling you something.

When I stalled during my weight loss, it was always one of two things. Either I needed to enter my new weight into MFP and get a new calorie estimate OR I need to make sure my carbs were below 50%. More than that and I just don't lose weight (that's a lot of carbs by the way, not a low carb diet).

Or, third thing, I was being sloppy at measuring (I always log EVERYTHING).
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    When I would get stuck I would change something, anything. Here are some of the things that I did over time to "just see what happens"
    Added tree nuts for snacks
    cut back on booze
    cut back on beer and add wine
    Run faster
    Run more miles
    add protein
    Cut portions
    add AB workouts
    switch from bread to low carb wraps (lunch)
    Add a walk after dinner
    Just pick something and give it a couple of weeks to see what happens. Its actually fun when you get into it. Even though I am maintaining now I still change stuff up to relieve boredom.