Weight loss and supplements

Options
Other than good vitamins, is there really anything that is good for you that can help us make some extra progress in weight loss? I know, of course, there is no magic bullet. I have been trying some ADVOCARE products as a barter with a client of mine, and even he is puzzled by my lack of weight loss. Alas. I never wanted to be the exception in this area.... As always I am sure it comes down to exercise and a healthy diet. That's the miracle combination.

Replies

• veteranrob1973
    Options
    Other than good vitamins, is there really anything that is good for you that can help us make some extra progress in weight loss? I know, of course, there is no magic bullet. I have been trying some ADVOCARE products as a barter with a client of mine, and even he is puzzled by my lack of weight loss. Alas. I never wanted to be the exception in this area.... As always I am sure it comes down to exercise and a healthy diet. That's the miracle combination.
    I take Green Tea supplements everday and I believe it has helped accelerate my weight loss with proper exercise and diet. I bought it at Walmart, it's called Green Tea Mega T
  • Crevan
    Options
    I haven't done much research, but I can tell you that this week I started putting a little bit of protein powder into my breakfast oatmeal, just a little as we're low, and drinking a cup of green tea a day, and the weight is dropping quicker than it has until this point, and I feel really, really good- about myself, and my energy levels. It's a pretty small change, but it might be worth a shot.
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Nope. Everything else is just a waste of money. Diet and exercise is all you need. I track everything I eat and work out daily. I always weigh my food with a digital scale and try to be conservative on how many calories I have burned through exercise. I try to eat healthy foods. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains. I limit my sodium and my simple sugar intake.

Good Luck.
  • loubay26
    Options
    you might be losing muscle along with fat. I use the Advocare's Catalyst to prevent that and have lost 13 additional pounds in the last month. I love to do strength training every other day and cardio on all 5 days, even the ones with my strength training. Maybe start double checking the calories and serving sizes of what you are eating. I was suprised on the serving sizes. At 1st I wasn't eating enough calories (of course this is the opposite of what I always thought) and then when I fixed that it started to happen fast. Just keep it up and exericise, maybe use a heart rate monitor to make sure you are in fat burning mode. It does make a difference. Keep up with the Advocare too. The products do work.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Taking a whey protein before I work out has really helped me with weigh-loss in the past. I was shocked because I had always assumed protein was to gain weight, but what it does is feed your muscles so they burn more fat.
  • Mrbackslap
    Options

Nope. Everything else is just a waste of money. Diet and exercise is all you need. I track everything I eat and work out daily. I always weigh my food with a digital scale and try to be conservative on how many calories I have burned through exercise. I try to eat healthy foods. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains. I limit my sodium and my simple sugar intake.

Good Luck.

Well said:drinker:
  • lehuagirl
    lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What kind of protein powder do you like, and where do you get it?
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The only thing I really take is called "Stress Ease". Its really just a vitamin B supplement. Stress has always been something I can't escape and its really hard on my body. So in a way this helps me, since stress for alot of people inhibits weight loss.
  • lehuagirl
    lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow. I was just checking on my topics and glanced at your 184, thinking "weight" and realized it was "weight lost!!!!!!!!!" Congrats!
  • rafter7
    Options
    I have to disagree with the waste of money I have been using AdvoCare products since this summer my husband and I have lost 16lbs each NO excercise to this point (not everyone will do that)
    I have to say if I get lax on taking it I can tell AdvoCare is a weightloss suppplement The vitamins and minerals it gives your body is fantastic also have to say I stopped using some of the products and was scared as to gaining weight back but didnt it taught me to eat better
    I have seen that not everyone is the same and needs a different aray of products the same plan dont work for everyone so to the one that it wasnt working I am sure there is some thing that can change that....