Lies we use to tell ourself

Options
Anyone who is over weight has lied to themself, some of us call these excuses. Ex: It's too cold or too hot to go on that walk. I am just big boned. I will start tomorrow. No one cares about me why should I. These are just a few, come on guys and gals share some of the lies/excuses you have used in the past.

Replies

• xquiz8
    xquiz8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "I'm just retaining water"
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Gravy and biscuits couldn't be THAT bad for you!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I use to be in good shape/healthy/skinny but then I got married & had kids. :noway:
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    About icecream or anything with fruit--"It's dairy/fruit--everyone needs it."
  • loubay26
    Options
    I always used.....I'm on my period and I can't exercise. Of course the week before the excuse was...I'm cramping.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    1. I don't have time to exercise
    2. My family gets in the way of my weight loss
    3. I am staying under my daily calories (when I was not weighing and measuring my food)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    "My frame is large". Now I know it isn't, but I really believed that before. Now when I look at before pics, I wonder what the hell I was smoking, lol.
  • FelipaJ
    Options
    The dryer shrank my pants :noway:
  • pattyisinaz
    pattyisinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "This is who I am.There's nothing I could do about it. " Bleh! :o)
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i'll start my diet on Monday....why did I always have to start on Monday? And if I screwed up on Tuesday, I would just wait till the next Monday to start again. Why? I used to think like this for smoking too.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    1. I don't eat THAT much

2. (I know this is mean, but I come from a VERY obese area of the country.) Comparatively I'm still not that big.

3. I've always had a weight problem; I always WILL have a weight problem.
  • untamedheart
    Options
    The dryer shrank my pants :noway:

That's my favorite, I use it all the time!
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    1)Tomorrow I will be better.

2)I will sometimes get so frustrated at having to eat healthy that I will just start eating like everyone else. I know I cant do that!!!

3)I have been fat my whole life so I will feel so defeated that I just sometimes do what I shouldn't do. Pity Party basically.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    I deserve it....only I deserved it every day of the week, and deserving it had nothing to do with eating healthy/exercising!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    "BMI is stupid - I'm not obese.'
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Hey, I still use that one. Only I say bloated (Male). hehe. On the other hand I was the worst offender ever. Much worse than lying to myself. I didn't even look. I only started looking the day before I joined MFP.

One thing I would like to add is you can actually make these lies work for you. For instance, say you are only going to work out 15 minutes. Once you start you will probably work out longer.

One word of caution, My ex-vp of finance was asking me how I keep motivated, how I go work out every day. I said I lie to myself and tell myself I'm only going to work out 15 minutes. (I actually read this in the newspaper once) He then started questioning my integrity. Yikes! So if you say this don't use the word lie.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i'll start my diet on Monday....why did I always have to start on Monday? And if I screwed up on Tuesday, I would just wait till the next Monday to start again. Why? I used to think like this for smoking too.

i say this to myself too.
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    One thing I would like to add is you can actually make these lies work for you. For instance, say you are only going to work out 15 minutes. Once you start you will probably work out longer.

I do this all of the time at the gym.
  • little_ali
    Options
    It's only 1 day, it won't matter I'll just be extra good tomorrow.
  • msemejuru
    Options
    I have a slow metabolism ( that for some strange reason can't burn off half a pecan pie).