when shoud I take this medicine

Options
I have a medicine I have to take for the next week four times a day. I have to take it either 1 hour defore meals or two hours after. Here is the problem... I eat 6 small meals a day. if it is two hours after I last ate it is less than one hour before I eat again!! I am thinking about skipping my snacks but then I am hungry and that sucks... any suggestions?

do you think it matters that my meals and snacks are between 150 and 400 cals so it is not like I am eating 1500 cals at a meal

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    call your doctor and ask if you arent prepared to alter your eating schedule to accommodate the directions
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a medicine I have to take for the next week four times a day. I have to take it either 1 hour defore meals or two hours after. Here is the problem... I eat 6 small meals a day. if it is two hours after I last ate it is less than one hour before I eat again!! I am thinking about skipping my snacks but then I am hungry and that sucks... any suggestions?

do you think it matters that my meals and snacks are between 150 and 400 cals so it is not like I am eating 1500 cals at a meal

Since it's only for a week can you not adjust your eating schedule for a short period of time? If you plan it out properly you will still be eating the same amount of calories so it's not like you'll gain during that time.

I think your health is most important so I wouldn't want to do anything that could inhibit the results of the medication.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Call the pharmacist or your doctor.
  • Owl_Green
    Owl_Green Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree with the comment above. The pharmacist will be able to tell you if the medicine's effectiveness is going to be diminished if it's taken too close to eating.