Anyone starting off already kinda thin.

I wants some friends on here that i feel as though i relate to better im 5.7 and 135 pounds and i dont really know anyone else on here that's in the position of being thinish but still being abit chubby in certain areas

Replies

• MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    I'm just under 5'4'' and when I started on here in January I weighed about 127 and now I'm 121. So I don't need to lose weight, I'm just monitoring the food that I'm putting into my mouth.
  • almaa89
    almaa89 Posts: 2
    I am king of on the same boat but you're thinner. I am 5'6" and weigh about 150 lbs. but I have a big butt and big hips. Overall I consider myself neither skinny or fat just have some belly fat I would like to get rid off but I sit for 40 hours a week.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    I'm 5'5" and currently weight 132, but my goal weight is 115.
    I still have some places that I am looking to lose weight.
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Yep. It's odd because even though our struggles are very similar to those 'overweight' we get shrugged off because it's "easier".
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Yep. It's odd because even though our struggles are very similar to those 'overweight' we get shrugged off because it's "easier".

Easier? I hardly think so. It is much harder to lose weight when you are already in a normal range. Plz don't get me started on obese and super obese people who say they eat right and don't lose weight for month after month. When body mass is as big as obese, (yes, Im obese), weight drops off much more easily.

Please be assured I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm completely disagreeing with anyone who dismisses your efforts as easy.

You who are losing weight and are in a normal range have to work hard and I applaud you for working on your health and your appearance.
  • zizzie
    zizzie Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'3 and about 118 pounds but trying to get down to about 110 while building muscle. I did lose most of it earlier this year but took my eye off the ball a bit and have put most of it on again!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I'm 5'4", 123lb, 19.6% BMR. I lost 25 lb. at first. It took about a year. Now dietary change due to medical diagnosis has resulted in current weight. Trying to gain weight, stay at current or lower body mass.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    im 5'5 and 135lbs which is kinda thin for my build, not where i want to be though
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    I'm 5'4 and started at 133lbs and now at 119lbs (just gained an extra 5lbs as of very recently as i went too low for a while)

I can understand exactly where you're coming from, it's so much harder to get support sometimes. I'm always here if any of you guys want to add me:)
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    aedreana here, hi. I began my diet at 121 lbs. I am 5' 3'1/2." I am not going to weigh myself until I complete my diet in August. My goal is to get back down to 112. I have been definitely losing weight very well; however, I cannot classify myself as "kinda thin" quite yet! You know, on social networking sites, when they ask you to describe yourself as "average" or "slim/slender," when I am @ 112, I say "slim/slender"--and yet it feels just a tad weird to say that. Because I know there are so many folks who misrepresent themselves online, and I refuse to do that. I consider myself to be "slender" at 112 and that is why I claim it. Even though I am aware that "medium on the slender side" might be a better fit, if that option were offered. If the only offered options were to call myself "thin/skinny" or "fat," I would have to say "thin/skinny." But I don't want a lean look for myself. I don't want to be model-thin. I prefer to look a little "fleshy." At 112, I guess I could classify as "kinda thin" but not "thin" or "skinny." At 121, I was "medium."
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    I wasn't thin when I started but I wasn't fat either. 5ft 6 151lbs and I'm now 134lbs, aiming for 130lbs. It's taken me just over a year to lose that amount but I think the progress can be a bit slower when you don't have as much to lose.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

Nope, much harder, but (I realize I'm not going to make friends here) at 5'7" and 135 pounds IMO most 'struggles' would be better solved with a therapist than a diet.
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    There is a group called "Not-that-heavy girls" that is filled with people in this situation. It's helpful to chat with people that are struggling with those last few pounds, as they can be sooo hard to ditch!!