Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Turning 40 in August

Would love some motivation to stay on track. Turning 40 in August, need to lose 30 lbs (obviously not by then). Just want to do it the right way so it stays off. Want to start out my 40th year feeling great. Anyone else in the same or similar boat?

Replies

• arose928
    arose928 Posts: 31 Member
    Also need to lose 30. My goal was to do this last year when I turned 40 in Sept. Now I'm back and want to be at least somewhere close when I turn 41. Add me if you like
  • ctm404
    ctm404 Posts: 4
    I'm turning 40 next May. I know that's a ways off but my goal is to get in the shape of my life by that time, and I signed up for a big race goal that (hopefully) will motivate me to stay on track. I'm blogging about my experience at http://kickinthemojo.tumblr.com/
  • Fruitb4t
    Fruitb4t Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all,
    They do say life begins at 40yrs! and with it fast approaching me (in November) I too have used this as a goal to loose those excess lbs. So far I have lost 22lbs and would ideally like to loose at least another 24lbs. I appear to be loosing slowly but it gave me a real boost today after I went clothes shopping ( which I very rarely do ) and bought another size down to what I usually wear and they fit!! So chuffed. I really have been using the app on my phone and always seem to come under my calorie allowance which is 1300. Something is working :love: Good luck everyone it is do-able :flowerforyou:
  • Sotelo72
    Sotelo72 Posts: 5
    Hello all. If you're looking for a weight loss / motivation buddy, maybe we can help each other out. I've been up and down and back again, still trying to lose weight. I'll be 42 in Sept and have seen my weight loss slow down considerably as I left my 30's in the rearview mirror. I seem to get quite a bit out of motivating others and being motivated by them and I think it would be great to benefit from some collective motivation.