Hi Everyone!

WaSammie
WaSammie Posts: 7 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I'm WaSammie.....because I live in Washington State and Sammie has been one of my nicknames since I was 16 years old! ...and because it wouldn't let me use just "Sammie". I got the nic from a paving crew who came into the restaurant where I worked and after asking me every day what my name was each morning for a couple of weeks....they came down one morning an told me I could pick my nic with a choice of "Sammie" or "George"! I'm 60 yrs old still working full time in an office....hope to retire soon! My sis sent me this site a couple ofmonths ago....but did not start using it when I got the flu and my doctor said, "It was a great jump-start to diet!" Grrrr! Having problems staying within my protein levels but always get the message that I need to eat more calories usually 600 to 800 calories low! Anyone have any good ideas on foods that have no protein but contain calories??? I just started eating breakfast, last week but am still short by 690 calories!

Replies

• WaSammie
    WaSammie Posts: 7 Member
    I'm WaSammie.....because I live in Washington State and Sammie has been one of my nicknames since I was 16 years old! ...and because it wouldn't let me use just "Sammie". I got the nic from a paving crew who came into the restaurant where I worked and after asking me every day what my name was each morning for a couple of weeks....they came down one morning an told me I could pick my nic with a choice of "Sammie" or "George"! I'm 60 yrs old still working full time in an office....hope to retire soon! My sis sent me this site a couple ofmonths ago....but did not start using it when I got the flu and my doctor said, "It was a great jump-start to diet!" Grrrr! Having problems staying within my protein levels but always get the message that I need to eat more calories usually 600 to 800 calories low! Anyone have any good ideas on foods that have no protein but contain calories??? I just started eating breakfast, last week but am still short by 690 calories!
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    I have a problem with overconsuming protein too. I have to deliberatly choose whole grains, veges, and fruit for snacks/sides rather then meat, nuts, or dairy. I solved my problem by eating less meat at dinner but adding in extra veges. I never have a problem with eating too few calories though. Are you sure you are eating enough throughout the day?
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Hi,

I have been on this site since Jan 7th and am pleased with my success.

I only go by the calorie count and so far it has worked for me. I just went back to look at some of the past days & I'm over on some of the things ie protien, carbs but not by much. I eat 100 cal Thomas English muffins and now 100 cal bagels, 35 cal breads it helps for the calorie count. I try to eat more fresh fruit and veggies. I love this site! I'm as pumped now as I was in Jan.

We leave for vacation this Sat & I will be logging while I'm gone but may have a few cheat days since this is a special time but not crazy :wink:

Keep up the good job I know we all can do it :drinker:

Sally
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou: I have the same problem with protein, yesterday I was over by 20... I'll try to eat smaller portions of meat and more veggies. I don't think it is too bad as long as it's lean protein. You need to eat all your calories, I have started to eat breakfast( cereal with yogurt, I know that sounds funny but I don't care for milk that much) for snacks I like apples with peanut butter or cheese or rice cakes. I have to go to the store and get some popcorn ( only have the movie butter one at home:blushing: ) and other good for me stuff. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.