Tennis?

Options
I have been playing tennis for almost 2 years and i love it! i take weekly lessons:) was just wondering if there were any tennis fans out there? :tongue:

Replies

• deearess
    deearess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me! I just took two four-week sessions of a beginner class and got kicked out into the intermediate class. My first class of the new session was last night. My instructor mentioned that I should sign up for the 2.5 league in the fall. I'm far from being good, but it sure is fun!
  • JennyCallanan
    JennyCallanan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I really enjoy playing tennis, too bad that I waited till my adult life to play. Congrats on doing so good your instructor recommended a higher class!! That's wonderful :)
  • deearess
    Options
    Thanks! I took a class in college and liked it, but life got in the way (that and none of my friends played). Good for you for trying it now!! Are you taking private lessons or group lessons?
  • JennyCallanan
    Options
    Private lessons.. My husband and I play together.. What about you?
  • deearess
    Options
    That's so fun that y'all are doing it together! I take group lessons at the community center in my town. My beginner lessons were just two of us. This intermediate class has 7 students. The instructor does a really good job of still giving one-on-one instruction though.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I dabble with tennis from time to time. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • sbetts2229
    sbetts2229 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If anyone wishes to play on a total fun/novice level in Central mass.. let me know...
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Me! I love tennis. I played it all through high school (except for senior year, my coach hated me and my friend and she just made it miserable). I've been out of high school for, er, a while but about 12 ish years ago I found intermediate/cardio tennis offered by the city so I've been doing that 1-2 times a week most summers. I play tonight in fact.

I'm weird in that I love to play, but don't like watching. Not that I don't like watching, but it makes me want to go out and play so bad I can't stand it, haha. Do you like singles or doubles better? I love singles but I am usually not in good enough shape to play it. I played #4 doubles on varsity sophomore year and then #2 junior year. Would have been #1 senior year had we not quit :(
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I started playing when I was a freshman in high school...ended up making the team and got to 1st seed by junior year. Best I ever did was beat the number 26 guy in the state (of NC) but I lost to the #53 guy so I was good but not that good.

Now I never get to play anymore but when I do...I'm still decent. Now that i've lost a bunch of weight and I'm in pretty decent shape I'd love to get back into it
  • jon404
    jon404 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here a fan of Cardio Tennis? It's a group tennis-based fitness class, I managed to burn over 1,000 calories in my last class and my lob retrieval has improved massively too :)
  • JennyCallanan
    Options
    That's so fun that y'all are doing it together! I take group lessons at the community center in my town. My beginner lessons were just two of us. This intermediate class has 7 students. The instructor does a really good job of still giving one-on-one instruction though.

That's awesome! I have done group lessons before and enjoyed it very much :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    VERY much a tennis fan. Play leagues and our team is in the men's 3.5 Southwest sectional in a week, hoping to go to nationals. If you have instagram add me

Chaelaz

Always tennis stuff there. :)

Getting ready to do a singles match right now. This is day five of matches!
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Me! I just took two four-week sessions of a beginner class and got kicked out into the intermediate class. My first class of the new session was last night. My instructor mentioned that I should sign up for the 2.5 league in the fall. I'm far from being good, but it sure is fun!

That a girl! just go out and enjoy!
  • JennyCallanan
    Options
    Me! I love tennis. I played it all through high school (except for senior year, my coach hated me and my friend and she just made it miserable). I've been out of high school for, er, a while but about 12 ish years ago I found intermediate/cardio tennis offered by the city so I've been doing that 1-2 times a week most summers. I play tonight in fact.

I'm weird in that I love to play, but don't like watching. Not that I don't like watching, but it makes me want to go out and play so bad I can't stand it, haha. Do you like singles or doubles better? I love singles but I am usually not in good enough shape to play it. I played #4 doubles on varsity sophomore year and then #2 junior year. Would have been #1 senior year had we not quit :(

I also love tennis!! I rather play singles, even though doubles it's easier on the players. I just can't share the court lol.. So I am awful at doubles. Too bad that you had to quit :( glad you're playing again:)
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Anyone else here a fan of Cardio Tennis?

Do it once a week. Love it.
  • JennyCallanan
    Options
    VERY much a tennis fan. Play leagues and our team is in the men's 3.5 Southwest sectional in a week, hoping to go to nationals. If you have instagram add me

Chaelaz

Always tennis stuff there. :)

Getting ready to do a singles match right now. This is day five of matches!

Who's your favorite tennis player ?
    Good luck next week!! Please keep me posted on how your team does.
  • JennyCallanan
    Options
    Anyone else here a fan of Cardio Tennis? It's a group tennis-based fitness class, I managed to burn over 1,000 calories in my last class and my lob retrieval has improved massively too :)

I have tried "fit tennis" and enjoyed it very much! Got to play my favorite sport with some added cardio. It was great!!
  • JennyCallanan
    Options
    My Husband and i just finished an all tennis surface weekend :) played on hard court, red Clay, green Clay and grass! It was a awesome experience !! Can't wait to try it again :)

21c90295-6ae8-45bf-a0ec-e74601d33672_zps1a633f93.jpg
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    I was married to a tennis pro, does that count?! :laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Who's your favorite tennis player ?
    Good luck next week!! Please keep me posted on how your team does.

Tons of favorites. I follow a bunch of JR's players and ITF pros. Overall my favorite guy is David Ferrer. On the women's side I ama huge Bouchard fan right now.