Weighing In : Excited or Dread???

Options
13»

Replies

• kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm usually neutral to curious about my next weigh in, never anything close to dread or excitement. It's just a thing.

I used to weigh everyday, mostly to know what the daily variance is. I would only record the weekly number. Now I'm just trying to maintain my weight. I check less frequently, but still record that weekly number.

I'm still neutral to curious. It's just a number, the work I do in between is what matters.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day... pay attention once per week.

I always weigh just after I get up in the morning and pee, every day. That's the closest comparable you can get before you eat or burn. Then, it logs into an excel spreadsheet and I go on. Then, Friday's I review the week mid-day... not when I am weighing. So, weighing provides neither excitement nor dread.

Right here! Chart it somehow (I use my phone and an app) so you can back out and look at the big picture when you are in a rough patch, and there will be rough patches.

libra5.jpg
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I get excited! This is still new enough for me that it's exciting. I use the scale at the gym and it's one of those scales that you see at the doctors office. And I get oddly excited to be able to slide that weight down every week. Yes, I really try to only do it once a week. The daily fluctuations (that are completely normal) were driving me crazy. I'd stress for hours over my food diary to make sure I hadn't forgotten something (yes, something that would cause me to gain 3 pounds in 12 hours!). Once I'd scoured my food intake, then I started trying to convince myself that the scale was unreliable. Yeah, it got to be bad. Finally a friend told me to only weigh myself once a week. The numbers started to make sense when I started doing it that way and my sanity was immensely improved.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I week myself weekly because we all for the most part know how to get to our goals. If not please ask someone.

I go through my week doing what needs to be done so there should really be no surprises by weigh in. It is when we have a setback or life steps in to change what we know that needs to be done.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Once a month, and even that's depressing. I learned pretty quick to ignore the scale and just take weekly pictures to compare. I lost around 5 pounds last month but it was a big 5 pounds!

well look at it this way 5 pounds of fa t=/= look the same as 4 pounds of fat 1 pound of muscle.
  • brainsndbeauty
    brainsndbeauty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like weighing myself before and after I drop the kids off in the pool.

lol if your sayin what i think i get the joke... lol
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Roughly every 6 weeks. I don't own a scale, so I go to the doctor's office and use their BMI machine. It means I can forget about the number on the scale and just focus on changing my lifestyle. It also means I am pretty well in-tune with other things like how my clothes fit and how I feel, physically. Also, it's pretty bloody motivating to see bigger losses when you step on the scale! :)
  • brainsndbeauty
    brainsndbeauty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get excited! This is still new enough for me that it's exciting. I use the scale at the gym and it's one of those scales that you see at the doctors office. And I get oddly excited to be able to slide that weight down every week. Yes, I really try to only do it once a week. The daily fluctuations (that are completely normal) were driving me crazy. I'd stress for hours over my food diary to make sure I hadn't forgotten something (yes, something that would cause me to gain 3 pounds in 12 hours!). Once I'd scoured my food intake, then I started trying to convince myself that the scale was unreliable. Yeah, it got to be bad. Finally a friend told me to only weigh myself once a week. The numbers started to make sense when I started doing it that way and my sanity was immensely improved.

Right!!! Some people are like " oh wateva... no big deal"... but I get excited too thats y I only weigh once a week to see if my hard work paid off and its exciting to me. I countdown til weigh in day (SUNDAYS) because its suppose to be a good time not something i obsess over 5 times a day lol.. But that was in the past this will be my first WEIGH - IN Sunday in a couple months!!!
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I get really excited about weighing in now that I have found something that works for me. I weight once a week!
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I enjoy seeing results on the scale, but I'm not particularly bothered with it. I weigh once every 2 weeks - sometimes once a month even.
  • karenMcMillan0712
    karenMcMillan0712 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Monday for fun Fridays to report-I also measure on Friday for that is where I see results.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excited. I like to see that all this hard work is doing something!
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I like weighing myself before and after I drop the kids off in the pool.

LOL
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before I eat or drink anything. I don't let the fluctuations bother me...they are normal. But generally it is motivating to me! I've lost 53 lbs in 4.5 months and I want to keep up with what my body is doing and what is working! Good luck with your new journey into getting fit!

53 lbs in four months is awesome, great job!
  • mroo2014
    mroo2014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to weigh in now that I'm doing something about it! Although I'm considering hiding the scale from myself coz I keep having a little peak :)
  • sirena192005
    sirena192005 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log once a week, which seems to be a trend. I have noticed that when I travel on weekends and am eating out, even when I'm within my calories, because the salt is so high, I'll have 4-5 pounds of water weight that takes a whole week to come off once I'm home and that can make me obsessive. I've only been doing this since May 21st(first on SHealth, then MFP starting in June) and the daily fluctuations others are so good about recognizing as such still send me into a panic. Sometimes I'll weigh myself, pick up the cat, weigh with the cat, then weigh me again just to make sure the numbers are the same. They always are.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    every morning because the more results i see the more excited i get about my next weigh in, im trying to stop though and only do it 1-2 times a week because its not good to obsess about it
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but I have a sense of humor about it. I have to, since I do 5:2. The scale is all over the place. Not to mention monthly water weight fun, weight gain and drops from sporadic bouts of exercise, and eating lots of fiber for the first time in my life.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday morning, right after I wake up.

If I know I had a good week I get excited to weigh in.
    If I know I had a bad week, I'm not *as* excited to weigh in but I still do it. Sometimes I gain a little, sometimes I lose just a half pound. I get more shocked than anything.