I just don't want to lose today...

Options
hj1119
hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
Anyone else just want to throw in the towel on creating a calorie deficit sometimes?

I'm pre-logging for this evening to get an idea of what I want to eat for dinner. I am looking at around an 800 calorie deficit for the day. Normally, I'd have a little treat and consider it a great day.

Today though, I've had a lousy day at work and I just want go home and have 800 calories worth of ice cream and beer. Maybe not even eat dinner - just pack in 1200 calories in ice cream and beer and call it a maintenance day.

Replies

• Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Well it is National Peach Ice Cream Day. And maybe a nice R. J. Rockers Peachy King to round it out.

But seriously many of us want to and do take breaks from logging. One night isn't going to hurt.

Enjoy!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    happens to the best of us. some days are just like that, but if you can avoid it thats just one less day you'll have to create a deficit in the future
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    NATIONAL PEACH ICE CREAM DAY?!!?!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    we all have those days...but let me ask you this...will it make your lousy day better? if a real yes...go for it...if a shaky yes or a no...don't do it...
  • patb987
    patb987 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LoL, every day my friend! There is not a day I don't want to eat a fat juicy burger and fries and wash it down with a nice chocolate shake!

But you can push your way through it! Think about your goal and know that you will be one day closer if you don't cheat. Maybe through in a extra 30min workout to gain some calories to cheat with ;-) get creative by getting busy!
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    we all have those days...but let me ask you this...will it make your lousy day better? if a real yes...go for it...if a shaky yes or a no...don't do it...

This right here. if it will make the difference, indulge and continue on tomorrow... but if it won't help. push through!
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Don't do it today. Eat your healthy dinner, make your deficit...then tomorrow if you still feel the same way, have some ice cream. Do not be an impulse buyer.....always think about it for a day and you will make better decisions.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It happens. Most of the time I'm crazy motivated, but there are days where I'm just like "I DON'T CAAARE I JUST WANT TO EAT AND NOT THINK ABOUT IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE"

Sometimes I go over on those nights, sometimes I don't. But regardless, I drag myself out of bed the next day, pull on my running shoes and get back on the horse. Don't beat yourself up, whatever happens.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Do what you wish, you're a grown adult. But...I "did that" on Tuesday (polished off the rest of a pint of gelato--600 calories on top of an already higher calorie day), and let me tell you, it didn't taste any better or make me feel any better than if I'd just weighed out my appropriate, 200 calorie portion. My belly ached so badly from that. Sigh, oh well. No regrets though, just keep it to one day, log it and move on.
  • Beautifulreflections
    Beautifulreflections Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Totally fine...everyday can't be perfect. Just don't turn into two, then three, then four days.

Just last Friday I skipped dinner and drank my calories (plus some) in wine...totally worth it to me and when I got up the next day I continued on with the calorie counting. One day doesn't hurt.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is good for your soul and, I believe that Benjamin Franklin said that beer is proof that God loves us......

One day is not going to derail your efforts...........
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yes... we all have days like that. I swear some days I just got so tired of feeling hungry I just wanted to cry, throw in the towel, eat a dozen donuts and cry more. But I didn't. And I don't recommend you do it either. It won't make you feel any better in the long run. Might taste good and feel good for the moment but that moment will pass and you'll feel like you have to start all over again tomorrow. Just suck it up, tomorrow morning you'll wake up feeling really great about yourself.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    You could just eat at maintenance for a day.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Don't do it today. Eat your healthy dinner, make your deficit...then tomorrow if you still feel the same way, have some ice cream. Do not be an impulse buyer.....always think about it for a day and you will make better decisions.

Good advice
  • rosy_08
    rosy_08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you really want to and it'll make you feel better. Just be truly honest with yourself. Don't be ashamed by it and hide it - we all have those days. If you lie to yourself about it, it won't lead to anything better. Indulge, log it, and move on. I hope your day gets better. <3
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I save my maintenance allowance days for holidays when my mom makes yummy stuff I don't get the rest of the year. Eat your healthy food and save it for something really worth splurging on.
  • tzdani
    tzdani Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My opinion is... don't pre-log and set yourself up for it. Just wait til you get home, do what makes you feel better and log it after (or even the next morning). Guilt is less healthy than the occasional indulgence. Just get back on the horse tomorrow and keep going. I can't think of my journey as a diet, but rather a lifestyle. A lifestyle allows room for beer and ice cream from time to time!