Getting started and increasing... how much you eat?

Options
I don't care to lose weight or any of that as it is, but I put the markings down just to see. I have not lost more than 4 lbs in 5 years due to birth control and hormonal issues as it is.
I normally only eat around 1400 calories a day, and exercise for 30minutes-2hours (exercise meaning chase a kid around, housework).
The calorie intake this site has set for me is 1800 or so.. And those extra calories come as a complete loss on how to get them.
I eat only when hungry. Everything is portion controlled. I look at getting the extra calories and it makes me sick because I take that as 'stuffing' yourself full, which I do not do. I stop the moment I feel like I am good enough to go on with my day.

So, how would I go on... with gaining more calories?

Replies

• prosaiche
    prosaiche Posts: 29
    Options
    Hopefully this didn't get bumped down too far.
    I'm still eating a full 1000 calories or so under each day. Managed to get 400 off one day, but that was me in 'overeating' stage.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    by replacing "diet foods" with more calorie dense foods, which usually equates to incorperating a bit more fat in your diet. Nuts, peanut butter, and avacados are some more natural and calorie dense foods. Eat full fat dairy products. If you still are not hitting your goal then there are liquid calorie options, shakes, smoothies, drink milk with dinner.
  • prosaiche
    Options
    Can't delete so I made a quote. Lol
  • prosaiche
    Options
    by replacing "diet foods" with more calorie dense foods, which usually equates to incorperating a bit more fat in your diet. Nuts, peanut butter, and avacados are some more natural and calorie dense foods. Eat full fat dairy products. If you still are not hitting your goal then there are liquid calorie options, shakes, smoothies, drink milk with dinner.
    I don't eat diet foods. I drink a lot of milk as it is.
    I just have always done portion control. Never stuffing myself. Stopping when full. Eating when hungry.
    But none the less, I seem to be under according to the website.
  • lovin_soul
    lovin_soul Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So....are you satisfied with your body and nutrition? Do you need to gain? If you are good with your current health forget about the numbers, why change anything? You skinny 20's worry too much. Give it 40 years....lol.
  • prosaiche
    Options
    So....are you satisfied with your body and nutrition? Do you need to gain? If you are good with your current health forget about the numbers, why change anything? You skinny 20's worry too much. Give it 40 years....lol.

I'm very happy with both. I weigh 213s or so. Have that flabby lower tummy from having a child/c-section and large breasts. Looking to lose that if possible. It's less of numbers and more of just getting that extra skin gone and maybe smaller breasts.