Got my work out partner back

Options
:happy: My youngest boy who is now 18 and I worked out together for years before school/work,then when he went to HS and started playing football and power lifting it was too much for him to continue to go with me in the mornings.

Well his last football game was last week and this morning he statred back going with me.I'm so excited to have him with me again,not just to have a work out partner again but to be doing anything with my son.He is a very large kid and as you can imagine in Texas they really build them up (physically),specially playing football and power lifting,he's so much stronger than me it's not even funny,but I'm soooooo frickin proud!!!

I was telling him this morning how important it is for him to develope a routine/lifestyle that he will stick to from now on that includes regularly working out.How many guys have you seen after HS blow up because they are use to eating heavy and working out heavy,and when you take the heavy work outs out of the picture it goes down hill fast.

The sad thing is he's going into the Air Force after graduation,but I've got him for now!

Anyway just was excited and wanted to share my story.

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    happy for you that you got your workout partner back. You should be proud of your son. Yes you are so right it is important to develop healthy habits early on. Enjoy this time together while you can
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!