Help me please!

Options
Hello All!

I worked very hard to lose all my pregnancy weight (51 pounds) and lost it all, however, I cannot lose any more. I am 5'4" and 149. The doctor today started giving me a hard time but I told her I am trying to lose 10-15 more pounds but the scale won't budge. When I told her what I do, she decided to check my thyroid. Here's what I do:

I eat 1600 calories a day, 1700 on heavy workout days

I exercise 5 days a week. Monday, weight training and elliptical, Tuesday Yoga then Body Combat, Wednesday, weight training and elliptical, Thursday same as Tuesday, Friday either a spin class or weight lifting and cardio.
I do mix it up and do circuits, heavy weights, lighter weights, new exercises, you name it!

I eat healthy, whole, nutritious foods. I cook 90% of my meals and do not go out regularly. I make my own protein bars and Quest bars. I do use protein powder, but it is not a high calorie version and I am within my calorie goals. I drink it with almond/coconut milk. I limit my dairy. I limit my wheat intake.

I have a food scale so I measure more things by weight. I count my oils that I cook with (I use coconut oil).

Now the question is, what am I doing wrong? I do have weight to lose and it's all hanging out on my hips and my stomach. I was 141 before I started trying to get pregnant and gained a few. I sustained that weight for 3 years or so before pregnancy so I know my body can do that. I am not super skinny, I have curves from muscle and fat so I have plenty to lose. My goal is 130-135 and I have been trying to get there for years.

Please let me know if you can help me out. I would really appreciate it!

Replies

• Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Now the question is, what am I doing wrong?

You're eating too much and not in a deficit.
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You really think 1600 is too much? If I don't eat that much I get lightheaded.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Did your dr get back to you with results from your tyroid?? Were you losing at a steady pace right up until now?
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options

I was losing still at 2000, and 140 lbs.
    The fact does remain that if your weight isn't dropping, something is amiss. You taking measurements? They're a better indicator. Still, if you're that active and eating that amount you should be dropping lbs. You must not be in deficit enough, but the reasons are unknown. Could be you're overestimating exercise or underestimating food, or you have an undiagnosed medical issue. Wait for your thyroid results.

EDIT: Actually... Wait. Sounds crazy but you may find eating MORE helps. I stalled at a lower calorie deficit also and once I upped, I dropped. If you're working out that hard you may need more fuel.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options

I was losing still at 2000, and 140 lbs.
    The fact does remain that if your weight isn't dropping, something is amiss. You taking measurements? They're a better indicator. Still, if you're that active and eating that amount you should be dropping lbs. You must not be in deficit enough, but the reasons are unknown. Could be you're overestimating exercise or underestimating food, or you have an undiagnosed medical issue. Wait for your thyroid results.

EDIT: Actually... Wait. Sounds crazy but you may find eating MORE helps. I stalled at a lower calorie deficit also and once I upped, I dropped. If you're working out that hard you may need more fuel.

^^^ agree!!!
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just saw the doctor today and I will know results later, I guess.....

When I lost the weight I was eating around 1800 calories a day. I have not lost any weight since February. I was so sure I would be at a happier weight when I got to the summer :( My measurements are not changing and I'm ramping it up as much as I can.

I'm going to the beach this week, so I'll have to focus more on this when I get back. Maybe eating more would help since I find that 1600 doesn't seem like enough....
  • lauracox1481
    Options
    I recently started using this thing called Shakeology. My sister recommended it for me when I couldn't seem to lose the extra weight. It is a meal replacement shake, but it is made from whole foods. It keeps me full and tastes really good. It has definitely helped me lose the pounds and I have a ton more energy. Let me know if you want more information about it. I think it may help you. I definitely helped me.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Why have a meal replacement when you can have real whole food...just sayin...
  • yarnnut34
    yarnnut34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    definitely take measurements, as much as you are exercising you are probably building up muscle. fat takes up a lot more room than muscle pound for pound so you might not see a change in weight, but a tape measure will show a difference in inches.