How many calories do Walk Away The Pounds DVD by Leslie Sans

Options
2»

Replies

• syannetta
    syannetta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Although my reply doesn't really have anything to do with what you're talking about (other than the fact that I use the Walk Away The Pounds videos) I just wanted to say that for someone who's just starting out on MFP and doesn't really know anyone else who's trying to get in better shape, it's SUPER encouraging to see everyone's weight loss ticker under their comments. It makes me feel like I can do it just like all of you. Thanks a million <3
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    low impact aerobics. i love her videos!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just log it under walking. If you walk one mile in 15 minutes that is 4mph, although my fitbit one doesn't pick it up as that due to walking in place. Having a HRM really helps to see if you are getting your HR up there. I have used her walking dvds for years and love them. I get up at 5:30 and walk 2 or 3 miles in my pjs! Anymore though, it doesn't get my heart rate up as much so I have stopped using them and do more at the gym or bike riding or other workout dvds I have.
    They are great for someone starting out or has limited mobility due to bad knees or just being overweight. Anything that gets ya moving is great I think!
    Good luck!
  • carrieduarte
    Options
    You can use the full versions on youtube. There are a lot in there for free.
  • TheMojoMissy
    TheMojoMissy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I log it under light aerobics 'cause it's more than walking. I did the 5 mile today & burned 534 calories. I'd forgotten I don't have to kill myself doing Jillian's workouts to get a good calorie burn w/no impact.
  • kandy3458
    Options
    I think the walk away the pounds video would be considered low impact aerobics since she does other movements besides walking in her videos but they are considered low impact.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I think the walk away the pounds video would be considered low impact aerobics since she does other movements besides walking in her videos but they are considered low impact.

Low impact aerobics is close to my HRM calorie counts.....for me anyway.

Calorie count estimates from Leslie's website ..........

http://www.walkathome.com/exercise/calorie-burn-per-mile/
  • FDelauter425
    Options
    Im not sure about the calories, but you are moving during the workouts pretty good. Her miles are usually 15 minute ones, so whether you do the 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile, or 4 mile, you're at least doing 4.0 speed. That's what I guess anyway because if it takes 15 minutes to do a mile, thats 4 miles in an hour, which is a 4.0 speed. So I count it in the tracker as brisk walking at 4.0 for however many minutes I worked out. That should at least help somewhat, even if its not exact.
  • FDelauter425
    Options
    I also found this too....this may help!

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    oh i LOVE her! i love all of her walks, my faves are the 1 mile, 3 mile, and the kid walks! she is so cute, and i love how easy paced it is! :) i was wondering this a little while ago, so i just estimated on how i felt after wards, i weighed 160 last time i did one, and i said a 1 mile was approx 100 calories :)

According to the research that I have done your estimates are about right. Most walking/jogging/running sites will say that a 150lb person will burn approximately 100 cals per mile. I am at 188lbs and use the 100 cals to be on the safe side when I walk. For me however I don't eat back exercise calories usually I just like to track my fitness progress. I use the TDEE method.
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    3 miles power walk. :) I log it as moderate areobic and with 178 lbs mass, it burns 380 cal with me per 45 min
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I also found this too....this may help!

That agrees with the research that I have done. Thanks for posting this...at least now I know that when I do a walkathome video my calorie tracking has at least been close.
  • Littlemiss007
    Options
    I have been walking with Leslie for a couple years now and love her! I have Accupedo installed on my smart phone to track miles walked and calories burned. I average about 100 calories burned per mile. Most of her DVD's consist of 15 minute miles, 14 minute miles, and always 1 12 minute mile. So you should track it as 4 mph, and the one for 12 minutes at 5 mph. If its taking you 20 minutes to do a mile it's usually because of the warm up. I have 10 of her DVD's and they all seem to follow this method. Also, it's not just walking there are some aerobic moves in there as well do to the knee lifts, leg curls, side steps, and arm motions. I hope this helps, and good luck :-).