* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 cup bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup minced onion
* 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying

Directions

1. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, and butter or margarine. Stir in seasoned crumbs, minced onion, and seasoning. Mix well.
2. Shape mixture into patties. Dredge in flour.
3. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides. (you might want to drain the patties on a paper towel after frying)

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 196* Total Fat: 9.1g* Cholesterol: 55mg* Sodium: 320mg* Total Carbs: 23.2g* Dietary Fiber: 2g * Protein: 5.6g

Notes from me: personally i dont think this makes enough for five people unless you're having TONS of sides with it. (it makes about three per person and that totally doesnt seem like enough for me) i like to double the recipe, then i have enough for quite a lot of people. and i get leftover that way. i also use more Old Bay than they suggest. but i like old bay A LOT!

Replies

• Thanks Friend!! I am a pescetarian so I can appreciate this!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    thank you for sharing! I'm going to save and try it.
  • OH! and as a note to all my land locked friends, its HARD to find Old Bay when you dont live near the ocean (since its kind of a sea food spice). but it can be found, just keep looking. i found it at Central Market (for any Austin friends). basically any store that has a lot of international/health food should be the kind of place you can find it. its not that expensive, but you may have to go to an expensive store to find it.
This discussion has been closed.