Hanging mommy belly is it possible to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love what having kids does to the body :) Id be ok with some wrinkly skin just not all the hanging. But I've still got about 40lbs to go before I reach my goal weight.

And give it more time after you've reached goal weight... the skin takes longer to 'snap back'. It can take up to 2 years of maintenance to see just how much better the skin can get.

I know it's frustrating, believe me - I know. But I've been at maintenance for 6 months, and I'm still seeing small changes in my tummy. I know that it's not done changing.

Genetics plays a part in this, so it's impossible to say what your eventual results will be. Stack the cards in your favor by getting a good variety of nutrients and lots of water - these will give your skin it's best chances.
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Definite improvement already! :) Keep at it (though 30 lbs in 2 months IS A LOT.. How is your diet?)

I don't even know what my stomach is going to look like once I get closer to my goal. RIght now I don't seem to have a mommy pouch, even after a c-section, but I'm sure it'll rear its head as I lose fat! So its encouraging to see improvement in others.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    In my experience, weight loss will help the pouch go away, but if the integrity of the skin is damaged, then it's not going to go away entirely. It's like a rubber band that has been stretched out too far - it's just not going to snap back. Even after I hit my goal weight, I still had what I called the "flop," and my bellybutton always looked like it was frowning.

That being said, there are plenty of other factors that may impact how you end up after you hit your goal weight -- your age, the natural elasticity of your skin, etc.

good luck!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My stomach looked just like that after I had my son and remained that way for about a year. My son will be 2 in Sept and it looks a lot better now. Not totally flat by any means but no overhang anymore and getting tighter and more definition. I've lost about 50lbs from delivery, from over 200 to 150. I'm 5'8". Plan to maintain at 140. Good luck, you can do it - but take it slowly!!

tummy_zps1dc169ec.jpg
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have both fat and loose skin on my belly even when I weighed 108 pounds. I have never been pregnant. The fat doesn't bother me. The loose skin (courtesy of menopause) bothers me tremendously; the loose skin on my butt bothers me worst, and on my upper arms it bothers me second-worst. I developed loose skin after menopause. I am desperate for plastic surgery; however, I live in severe poverty. I don't want any fat removed, just the loose skin. If I were to diet down far enough to get rid of the fat deposit on my lower abdomen, I would have to weigh 90-something pounds. Then my breasts would probably shrivel up and drag the ground. So I select 112 as my ideal weight because I consider it to be the optimum weight for me to have surgery to tighten the skin on my face, neck, upper arms, torso and thighs.
  • Shesalovebug
    Shesalovebug Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations on your weight loss. I know I'll have to deal with this if I make it down to my goal weight.