What is the best concert you' ve been to?

Replies

• mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Saw Boston with my dad a couple of years ago and they were amazing! So much fun!
    Jason Aldean puts on a fantastic live show! I've seen him twice and would go to another of his shows in a heartbeat!
    And on the bucket list, Bon Jovi! He's one of my faves!
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    This is a tough one. Been to so many...

best shows

Slipknot
    Rob Zombie
    Avenged Sevenfold

musical perfomance

metallica
    god smack
    papa roach
    Hinder
    All that remains

i could go on and on LOL
  • Kiss and Motley Crue
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Depeche Mode, any of the 8 times I saw them...Minus Dallas last year, not because of the band but of the attendance that was ridiculously quiet
  • The very first concert I went to was adjusting Timberlake/Good Charlotte. I won tickets off a radio station! It was a great concert for being a first timer.
    The second best would be Rebulation, and Tech9.

I'm a big music girl and listen to almost everything BUT Opera! .
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    The Grateful Dead. Soldier Field July 8-9, 1995. Yeah, I was there for the end of the long strange trip.

Also, I've seen "Weird" Al Yankovic more than once. By choice. Yep, I admitted that.
  • cronly
    cronly Posts: 307 Member
    I've mostly been to classical music concerts, but Das Rheingold section of Der Ring des Nibelungen opera was the best experience so far.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Jerry Garcia Band, some time in the late 80s or early 90s, in Philly.
    Neil Young, solo/acoustic, at Bally's Grandstand (no longer there) on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, 1988, I think.
    Dire Straits, 1980-something, Portland, Maine.
    Grateful Dead, 1988, Greek Theatre, Berkeley, CA.
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Avenged Sevenfold... it was awesome and I had no voice and was sore the next day. Signs of a good show...
  • Bostonsoul
    Bostonsoul Posts: 151 Member
    Kiss and Motley Crue

Holy. ****. *swoon*
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,784 Member
    I wasn't expecting it to be all that, but believe it or not Yanni performed an outstanding show.
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    really tough call as I haven't really been to a bad one yet, but if I had to choose one, it would be King's X when they played at Rosebud here in Pittsburgh during the Mr. Bulbous tour, followed very closely by Dream Theater at Metropol on the Metropolis Part 2 tour.....
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Oct. 17, 2008 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues

Opening Band: Two Ton Anvil

Another Black Day
    Bury Your Dead
    In This Moment

Headlining: Five Finger Death Punch

When FFDP is on stage @ The Chicago House of Blues you dont just listen to the music, it goes through your entire body.
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,784 Member
    The Band Perry too. Excellent show, lots of energy!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 674 Member
    The Cure on their Bloodflowers your was pretty life changing. No opening act, just Robert Smith's current favorite classical music, and three encores. The closing rendition of Killing an Arab (a song based on Camus' novella The Stranger) turned that little post punk song into an epic!
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    JASON ALDEAN or Kenny Chesney Tim Mcgraw in Foxboro stadium /
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    The best concert I've been to has to be Lady Gaga playing Twickenham for the Born This Way Ball. Queued for 8 hours, standing for probably 15 hours, and it was incredible. Vocals were on point, stage and costumes were amazing, she really knows how to please a crowd.
    Other contenders are Charlotte Church, she played to 100 people in a tiny little venue in Brighton. Her voice is incredible, and her new music is really something different.
    Also saw Perfume Genius play at the same venue - possibly in my top three favourite artists of all time - and it was stunning. His voice is delicate and his lyrics are heartbreaking - I left in tears!
    K-pop band BigBang played Wembley and even though I didn't understand most of the words, it was so much fun - lots of energy and jamming tunes!
    Most recently, it would have to be Betty Who in Hoxton. She's so much fun, plays to the crowd, plus her music is brilliant to run to!
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Stevie Ray Vaughan and Blackfoot. May, 1987 in Laporte, IN. That I still remember it after so long is telling.
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    would either be

Alkaline Trio. (2006)

or

Taking back Sunday and New found Glory (2011)
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Stevie Ray Vaughan and Blackfoot. May, 1987 in Laporte, IN. That I still remember it after so long is telling.

Jealous x1000.