Do you have cellulite?

Options
I was feeling pretty good about myself after a killer workout this evening, so i looked at myself in the mirror before i got in the shower (which i usually dont do, because then I end up feeling bad about myself since I dont like the way i look.. yet.) I noticed that my thighs and butt have cellulite. And I am SUPER BUMMED. It looks horrible.

Anyone else have this problem? Or HAD this problem? Can toning and exercise make it go away?

:(

Replies

• fava87
    fava87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use to have some cellulite on the back of my thighs but after I lost some weight and started running and lifting.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Yep and I've yet to find a man who was turned off by it.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    yup all over my thighs and butt, even have stretch marks on my boobs

the joys of being curvy. My fiance doesn't care about them so why should I?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Still have and probably always will, it's just not as bad as it used to be.
  • katrinab2015
    Options
    The right diet and lots of exercise will really help you shift cellulite. Less caffeine, spices, alcohol and processed foods will make a huge difference. Exercise, which gets the heart pumping and blood flowing, will improve your circulation and therefore your body will start to operate more optimally.... it all takes time. Strength training to build muscle will help burn fat and create definition, which makes a lot of difference in the upper thigh and butt area.

I've kind of learned that when i'm feeling really good about myself, i don't go and examine my butt too closely. it can bring you down when you are feeling so great. I've also learned that different lighting makes a lot of difference. Scarily so. How it is that my cellulite has improved so dramatically this past year in my home mirror and in clothes stores it still looks like so dimply? Ugh.... I don't over-worry about it—so long as i am on the right track and not making it worse! :)

Important: Make sure to drink lots of water to help stay hydrated and also to help move toxins out of the body.
  • jubyak
    jubyak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have cellulite, too.

Ironically, mine gets WORSE when I lose weight (I'm assuming because my skin gets a little looser?) and it seems to get slightly better when I hydrate myself well by drinking lots of water and scrubbing the back of my legs/butt and putting on lotion. Lotion helps a lot. So does tanning lotion and "firming" lotion a bit, but don't waste your money on stuff that says it can cure your cellulite.

There is no cure, unfortunately. :( Most women deal with it, though, so don't feel alone. It isn't a big deal. My boyfriend doesn't care.
  • RochRog
    RochRog Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes, I too have cellulite. I'm not a 100% comfortable with it; but I wear clothing that covers it.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Where do you find these men?
  • MakingMyDreamsComeTrue2015
    Options
    I have horrible cellulite in my thighs, arms and butt.. I hate it!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Still have and probably always will, it's just not as bad as it used to be.

Me too

Reducing body fat will help, especially if you weight train to keep your muscle. But you may always have some and that's okay.

https://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/

https://gokaleo.com/2013/03/13/cellulite-mythology/

eta: people will tell you all sorts of "cures"-- some of them just reduce water retention, which will improve the appearance of cellulite temporarily. Don't believe anyone who blames toxins, GMOs, processed food, etc. That's all bunk.
  • NerdyAdventurer
    NerdyAdventurer Posts: 166 Member
    Options

This

Exercise and diet will help. I've also had luck with the Nivea Q10 gel (when I'm good about applying it daily)
    But don't worry about it. Most people have at least a bit of it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    morebeans had an awesome thread a while ago showing pictures of very fit women with cellulite, many who are top athletes. if i can find it i'll post it.

cellulite is genetic and doesnt really care is you're at your goal weight or not, so dont be bummed.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I've got a ****load of cellulite on my thighs, saddlebags and bum - that's probably genetic since it didn't get better after losing 18 kgs, exercising and changing my eating habits. I still have to try heavy lifting but I'm not quite sure I can get rid of it unless I become extremely ripped.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD!! Is that what they call that stuff I have?? In the beginning of my journey I would stand if front of the mirror and practically bawl at what I referred to as my elephant *kitten*. YES if I bent over it looked EXACTLY like the back view of an elephant with wrinkles, curves, cottage cheese like bumps!!! I am my worst critic right?! Well I have a trainer, he has me doing lunges, squats, dead lifts, bouncing all over the damn gym doing frog leaps, gorilla steps, you name it I have done it!! And now the elephant *kitten* looks so much leaner but my journey is not complete...50 more pounds and I will have deer legs!! LOL whoot whoot!! Just keep working them if you don't want them!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    morebeans had an awesome thread a while ago showing pictures of very fit women with cellulite, many who are top athletes. if i can find it i'll post it.

cellulite is genetic and doesnt really care is you're at your goal weight or not, so dont be bummed.

I think that was posted in a group. Maybe even a private group. And I don't think it's active anymore.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyone has cellulite.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The bigger question is who doesn't have cellulite... I'm pretty sure the majority of women have it...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I think that was posted in a group. Maybe even a private group. And I don't think it's active anymore.

Yeah it was.

There is this:

http://mollygalbraith.com/2014/03/cellulite-stretch-marks-and-a-love-your-body-challenge/

Which I'm a little torn about, honestly, because the amount of cellulite she's showing is much less than what I have.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

This

Exercise and diet will help. I've also had luck with the Nivea Q10 gel (when I'm good about applying it daily)
    But don't worry about it. Most people have at least a bit of it.

Indeed! Even swimsuit models.

ra5j6b.jpg
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and when I weighed 167 pounds I had quite a bit of cellulite on my thighs. Then when I got down to 150 there was a lot less, then by 140 it was existent, but not noticeable. Now that I'm 130 and still dropping I haven't noticed any.

I think a lot of it has to do with genetics though.