Slow at losing weight, but gaining so much heath! Everyone W

Options
This is a forum for people who are struggling to see the scale go down, but are noticing the NSV's! (non scale Victories) Come chat about non scale related achievements. Talk about the struggle of not seeing the scale budge and trying to focus on other things like pants fitting loser, or an improvement to your workouts. I am starting this because for 2 weeks now I have seen the scale at the same number but I know I am getting smaller and feeling generally better. Join me in the non scale celebration!!

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you're getting smaller, you're building muscle. You are getting HEALTHY!!!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    My size and weight has not changed much in the last year (I'm really close to my base weight anyway, lower I would be happy, but it's not required) but I always notice things like I squat down to get something and realize I have rather rock hard quads! (under the remaining fat :laugh: )

OH, I have noticed a ton of ab strength too, I credit the majority of that to almost 2 months of P90x. 20 mins of abs 3 times a week will do it!
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What I have been noticing is how much more energy I have every day! Loving it!!! :)
  • jenuwine
    Options
    what a great Post! I've been a MFP member for over 6 months now and have logged very well throughout that period. My "goal" is/was to loose 10kgs but ive only lost about 3 in that whole time (up and down up and down).
    BUT
    I'm learning really got habits. Pre-MFP I N_E_V_E_R excercised and ate anything I wanted without giving it a secord thought. Sweets are my weakness. I NEVER drank water either. But since having joined I think about what I eat and stay very close to the 1200cal limit. I've only recently worked out its not just the cals its the sugar/carbs/fat bits too. So in summary how have I imporved?
    *I ecercise - sure not religiously but A LOT more than I did before, and as a result I've noticed my fitness improve
    *I'm concious of what I eat. not only limitting calories but cutting back on processed sugars and eliminating basically all processed beverages and now frink at least 2ltrs of water a day!
    *I'm not sluggish and bloated as much as I used to be
    *Im happiuer cause Im definately moving in the right direction and thinking of ME and taking care of ME everyday :-)
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, the changes. Waist band no longer rolls over on my dress pants. I don't have to keep pulling down sweaters or tops because they ride up all the time. Best thing, my arms have lost that dimply fat that has embarrassed me for several years. Too bad it's winter and I'm usually wearing long sleeves! But the arms should look really good by spring!
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My scale hasn't moved in 3 months, but in those same 3 months, my triglycerides went from 256 to 102, HDL went up from 36 to 45 and my A1C went from 5.2 to 4.4. All significant health marker improvements that I am very happy about!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see so many people that have seen non scale improvements. In the last few weeks I know that my pants are loser and my stomach is looking much more toned. It is hard since I only have about 10lbs I want to lose, maybe a little more. I train for Triathlons and I just did a half marathon so I am in much better shape. I try to focus on the good things. Seeing the scale not moving is hard two weeks in a row, but maintaining is better than gaining. Who knows maybe Thanksgiving will spike my metabolism and I will actually see a loss from eating extra food. ;-) we can only home.
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'd say you are in great shape to do triathlons and half marathons! I'm sure your heart thanks you for all your hard work.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My hipbones are starting to come back so I know my weight is shifting even though the number is basically staying the same. Yay hipbones.
  • jenuwine
    Options
    My hipbones are starting to come back so I know my weight is shifting even though the number is basically staying the same. Yay hipbones.

haha :laugh: I love this one!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I had a bad food weekend :( It wasn't too bad and I was active the whole time but I still struggle with it. I am going to move my focus to eating good and my exercise. I am not going to step on the scale until December and just use personal goals as my improvements. It has been a rough week lets all hope for the best! (PS I love feeling my hip bones, it makes me feel thinner lol)