I made it to day 20 of 30 day shred!

Options
Since everybody's talking about it - I just thought I had to share!

I made it through level 2! Woooohoooo almost ready to start on Level 3! AND - I just did a round of Level 1 today after doing a week of Level 2 - it is AMAZING how easy it felt compared to the first day! I felt like Natalie - literally kicking myself in the batooey during the butt kick session. I never thought I'd like working out to a video, but this is great - I downloaded it and put it on my computer and ipod so that I can take it with me. I love that I can do it anywhere - at my mother in law's house I did it using a flour and sugar canister instead of hand weights!

Wooohooo I am proud of me! :happy:

Replies

• funfor5
    funfor5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! I just started and did Day 7 - level 1 today.....going to try Level 2 tomorrow! So encouraging to hear somebody that is up to day 20 :))))

Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    GREAT job!!! I start tonight and have NO clue what I'm in for........ How do you log it?
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Congrats!
  • sherrywoody1
    Options
    You are officially my all time hero! I won't venture past level 1, even though I do it with no problem, I just kinda hesitant with level two. :D
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Well done. I only made it 10 days before getting sick with cold. I look forward to making it farther next time. Since I have only done level on I look forward to thinking it's easy. To me it was still hard.... Congrats on the progress.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! I'm on Day 17 and loving it!!! :)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! I just started and did Day 7 - level 1 today.....going to try Level 2 tomorrow! So encouraging to hear somebody that is up to day 20 :))))

Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:

Level 2 is intense - I didn't think I would make it through and I had to do the 'easy' versions of almost everything to begin with. But it gets better and at the end it is kinda fun so stick with it - in 10 days I can give the flower back to you!! :)
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! I start tonight and have NO clue what I'm in for........ How do you log it?

I do 20 minutes circuit training - about 250 calories for me which seems about right - I'm at least as tired at the end of it as I would be if I was jogging or something like that
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 23--three days into level three. I use a HRM and I created 30 day shred in my exercises. I'm in my 60s and for level 1 I could do everything in the dvd. When I started my HRM was around 200--by ten days 150. For level 2 I do everything except the squat thrusts and plank jacks ( just being safe) the HRM was around 180. For level 3, again I follow Anita for the mountainclimbers--everything else pretty much normal and on day three HRM says 190- 200.
    I'm sure that if you are doing all the real moves you will burn more.
    I haven't taken a day off and feel great.
    I plan to keep the shred as part of my dvd rotation--especially as winter sets in and riding the horse and walking, biking gets iffy.

Oh--i forgot to say I do subtract my basic BMR from my HRM calorie count, thats how I get my numbers.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Good Job! Last time I did the Shred, I made it to Level 2 no problem, but after a couple days into Level 2 my neck and back started to bother me really badly. I had to stop, the pain didn't subside for weeks. Obviously I injured something, maybe I wasn't doing some exercises properly, not sure. Going to start Level 1 again this weekend and give it another shot. I felt so good after those 20 mins in level 1. We'll see if I make it through level 2 this time. I may just skip it and try level 3.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Today is day 2 for me, 20 seems a long way away!
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good job! I've done about 7 days of level 1. I want to wait until I can do the whole workout once with no break or stopping before I move on to level 2.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Good Job! Last time I did the Shred, I made it to Level 2 no problem, but after a couple days into Level 2 my neck and back started to bother me really badly. I had to stop, the pain didn't subside for weeks. Obviously I injured something, maybe I wasn't doing some exercises properly, not sure. Going to start Level 1 again this weekend and give it another shot. I felt so good after those 20 mins in level 1. We'll see if I make it through level 2 this time. I may just skip it and try level 3.

I did all of level 2 for the first two days, by the third day my neck and back were sore--I found that the strength part with 5 lb weights was too hard and I wasn't being careful with my form. I stopped using weights for a few days, then added them back, dropping them if I felt it was too much. By the end of ten days I could finish with the weights with no trouble. Because of my age I seem to have outgrown the no pain no gain mentality, been there done that and have the scars to prove it.
    I will say that after level 2 my back looks like I am ten years younger--now if my wrinkles wouldn't give me away!!!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    that is great keep it up