Did a 10K today with the wifey today.

kewkdb
kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I haven't exercised in about a year. This week I started getting out and hiking around the hills in my neighborhood. I had a great progression this week: 2mi, 3mi 4mi, 5,mi 7mi :) Next goal will be 10mi then after that I will work on trying to run around on a more flat surface but faster times.

I averaged 19mi min today. The terrain was a good balance of hills (a good 5 steep inclines), straight, hills so I was able to peak then catch my breath a few times. At the top of the hills I was really breathing hard but never gassed out. My wifes leg was hurting slightly (childhood injury) so I kept the easy sections at a pace she could handle.

Once I get out on my own I will try to maximize my time. I really wanted to do more but my knee's and ankles really didn't want more so I settled in at 7.36mi as to not risk injury.

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Well done on the new habit. Hiking is a great way to keep your body healthy and your wife close. Best of wishes to you both. Glad your keeping your balance. Too much too soon and you risk injury. (so i've learned)
This discussion has been closed.