May 14 MFP runners club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning!

I hit the sack at 7:30pm last night (just to sleep), I was dead tired. I think it's due to my TOM. So needless to say, after a good nights sleep, I was up at 5am this morning getting ready for my run.
I felt so good and refreshed. I actually ran my usual morning distance and I ran it 5 minutes faster than usual! Beep beep!! I kicked some royal butt!

I'm going to love these threads, thanks again to PMkelly for coming up with our club name!!

How y'all doing this morning?
Question, do you run differently when it's TOM?

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Good morning!

I hit the sack at 7:30pm last night (just to sleep), I was dead tired. I think it's due to my TOM. So needless to say, after a good nights sleep, I was up at 5am this morning getting ready for my run.
    I felt so good and refreshed. I actually ran my usual morning distance and I ran it 5 minutes faster than usual! Beep beep!! I kicked some royal butt!

I'm going to love these threads, thanks again to PMkelly for coming up with our club name!!

How y'all doing this morning?
    Question, do you run differently when it's TOM?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning backatcha!

Great going on your run this morning!! :drinker:

(:sick: <
    my face color for people who can do morning runs!)

I'm going to go after work tonight & (weather permitting) gonna do my first 10k in YEARS!! :bigsmile:

TOM - besides feeling like I'm running in ski boots & yelling at the singing birds to shut the {{bleep}} up, I can't tell much of a difference. :laugh:

Hit the pavement, hump day! WOO-HOO!! :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Options
    TOM that's exactly how I feel. My legs feel so heavy and sometimes I trip over nothing lol.

Good luck on your 10k! That's wicked awesome! You are gonna do so great and with the added bonus that you'll sleep really well tonight!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Fellow Club Members!!!

Good Luck Shannon! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Feeling great today - brought my running gear with me to work so I can get right to it as soon as I leave here today! My hubbie bought me underarmour shorts and a top for mother's day so I am going to look MAH-VA-LOUS while sweating my *kitten* off tonight! :laugh:

I went to bed last night with 400 calories left due to extra exercise yesteray. I just couldn't eat anymore!

TOM - I am a big ole sack of potatoes!! Don't do a blessed thing but lay on the couch :laugh: But I am fortunate that I only have to deal with it for two days (first day is the worst and second day I am able to do something, but it is usually lite) .......and then I get my energy back!!

I am actually retaining my PMS water right now and interesting thing is that it used to be 5 extra lbs, now it is only 2lbs.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    May I join?? :blushing:
    I'm sort of a beginner so take it easy on me please :indifferent:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Woot-woot!!! The more the merrier!! :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Welcome Joanna!!! We would LOVE to have you! :heart:

Tell us your Running Story!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    'Bumps' in the road when running can be dangerous!

we are missing Jules and audumn and a few other avid runners? I haven't seen them post yet today?
  • Mireille
    Options

Welcome Joanna!!
    We get really excited over the little things so please be proud of all your accomplishments too! We'll be cheering you on with every step you take!!
  • Mireille
    Options
    Good Morning Fellow Club Members!!!

Good Luck Shannon! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Feeling great today - brought my running gear with me to work so I can get right to it as soon as I leave here today! My hubbie bought me underarmour shorts and a top for mother's day so I am going to look MAH-VA-LOUS while sweating my *kitten* off tonight! :laugh:

I went to bed last night with 400 calories left due to extra exercise yesteray. I just couldn't eat anymore!

TOM - I am a big ole sack of potatoes!! Don't do a blessed thing but lay on the couch :laugh: But I am fortunate that I only have to deal with it for two days (first day is the worst and second day I am able to do something, but it is usually lite) .......and then I get my energy back!!

I am actually retaining my PMS water right now and interesting thing is that it used to be 5 extra lbs, now it is only 2lbs.

TOM - that is really interesting about your reduction in water weight. I haven't really noticed mine cuz I'm always going up and down a few pounds. I can't wait for weigh in on Sunday.

When I ran my 10k on Sunday I had 400 calories I couldn't eat either. I have to say that Monday I was super hungry and tired and I'm not sure if due to TOM or not eating enough (maybe combo). I'm curious if you will feel a difference today.

Look at you looking all hot and stuff while running! Work it girlfriend!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!!

Well, I started running/jogging not too long ago... seriously.. about a month or so.
    I have asthma so sometimes it's hard to stay at a jogging/running pace.

My goal is to walk/jog/run 2 miles everyday and once I'm confortable doing that, step it up to 3 miles.

• Mireille
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!!

Well, I started running/jogging not too long ago... seriously.. about a month or so.
    I have asthma so sometimes it's hard to stay at a jogging/running pace.

My goal is to walk/jog/run 2 miles everyday and once I'm confortable doing that, step it up to 3 miles.

That's perfect!
    Way to go at setting your goals! Let us know how your next run goes.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Thanks so much for the awesome support Mireille:bigsmile:
    I'll hop on my treadmill later today and hope it goes well and I will check in :wink:

• pmkelly409
    Options
    Thanks so much for the awesome support Mireille:bigsmile:
    I'll hop on my treadmill later today and hope it goes well and I will check in :wink:

AWESOME Joanna!! We are here for you because we all started somewhere! I remember when I couldn't even run a mile!!

Have you read any of the programs on runnersworld, coolrunnings, or jeffgalloway? there are lots of programs out there designed for your goals. check it out!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Got to bed late last night so I got a late start this morning and had to stop at 3.6 miles. But it was a good run and I could feel everyone's encouragement pulling me along! What a great support y'all are! I need to start looking for a 5K or 10k to sign up for so I have a short-term goal to shoot for. That always helps!

Hope everyone's day goes great!

Julie
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi all! Do you mind if I jump in as well? I am not new to running but have a whole bunch of NEW excuses as to why I can't run daily lately!! My age, my knees, my kids, the weather, I don't like the running board of my new treadmill, stress.....UGH!!! I used to run about 5-6 miles every day and about 2 months ago we killed our treadmill. It took us over a month to get a new one and, even though I ran outside as much as I could, I am now unable to run as far or as often. Unfortunately I had to cut back on running when forced to run outside due to having a child at home. Now I feel like I am starting all over again which amazes me since I have been running this distance and amount for nearly a year now. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Hi all! Do you mind if I jump in as well? I am not new to running but have a whole bunch of NEW excuses as to why I can't run daily lately!! My age, my knees, my kids, the weather, I don't like the running board of my new treadmill, stress.....UGH!!! I used to run about 5-6 miles every day and about 2 months ago we killed our treadmill. It took us over a month to get a new one and, even though I ran outside as much as I could, I am now unable to run as far or as often. Unfortunately I had to cut back on running when forced to run outside due to having a child at home. Now I feel like I am starting all over again which amazes me since I have been running this distance and amount for nearly a year now. Anyone have any suggestions?

WELCOME!! BEB! glad you are here!! :flowerforyou: we need a little runner!!

I don't see anything wrong with having to 'start all over again'. Don't overdo it as you might injure yourself. Just stick with a program (www.jeffgalloway.com) and you will see the progress and be back at it in no time at all!! That is what I had to do last summer, it was hard not to push myself, but slow and easy won the race and I was back up to my pace by fall.

Don't forget - we are here for you :flowerforyou: - Daily posts (or as you can see from today - hourly posts! gosh I need to get some work done!:grumble: ) on progress, goals, ups and downs or anything at all related to your running!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Got to bed late last night so I got a late start this morning and had to stop at 3.6 miles. But it was a good run and I could feel everyone's encouragement pulling me along! What a great support y'all are! I need to start looking for a 5K or 10k to sign up for so I have a short-term goal to shoot for. That always helps!

Hope everyone's day goes great!

Julie

Seriously, isn't it great the support here?! (WOOOT) Ya'll have been the little angels on my shoulders urging me on too! :smooched:
  • Mireille
    Options
    I can't contain my excitement! Wooohooo!!!
    This is so motivating. I have to admit that while running this morning, I couldn't wait to get back and post. It's really nice to know that there is always someone there to listen. My DH, God love him, doesn't care how long or how fast I run. I want and need to share my accomplishment, not matter how big or small! lol
    I had to laugh when Pmkelly said to check in for daily post which is more like hourly (if not more) lmao.

This will be my motivation on days on I don't feel like hitting the pavement!

Thank you so much my running friends!!

We rock!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I want to join too. I started jogging a few weeks ago. Basically, I walk/jog/run 3 miles during my workout. I'm trying to jog more than I walk, but when I walk, I walk fast.

Can I join you sexy ladies too?