HRM for dummies??

TheNewJessieMae
TheNewJessieMae Posts: 767
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Questions: I have no clue how to use this thing. I sat on my son's bed with it on and was reading some other stuff. Had it on for 23 minutes and it's saying I burned 95 calories???????? HOW DO I USE IT?
What do I set my max heart rate for my low and my target????? I read it, but don't understand.

Replies

• TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    When you find out, please let me know! I'm about to purchase one and will surely need assistance. :smile:
  • philip31
    philip31 Posts: 57 Member
    I believe they are only to be used when you exercise...
    About the settings, mine I input my age, weight and gender and it automatically calculates my max heart rate etc..
  • I believe they are only to be used when you exercise...
    About the settings, mine I input my age, weight and gender and it automatically calculates my max heart rate etc..

I was working on finding my resting heart rate.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    It depends on what you are doing for exercise. If you are running your heart rate will be higher then if you were just walking at a good pass. Your HRM is just calculating calories burn by your heart rate. So the harder you work out the higher your calories burned will be. I think you need to wear it and see what your target rate is for you. Did it come with a book? If not post what kind of HRM you have and maybe someone will be able to give you more details.
  • I'm going to be doing the 30 day shred, walking, running, tae bo and all that stuff.
    It did come with a book but I really don't get it!! It's a TIMEX. Unisex, with a chest strap. Amazon.com for 46$.

I guess I'll get used to it and just keep trying to push my limits. I want to be at a calorie burning stage though and just wondered how to get there. Or where I needed to be to be there. Also if it were possible for me to lose 90+ lbs by sitting for 23 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.